Solix Gen 3 touch screen

I just recently purchased a Solix 12 generation three. It’s worked fine for the first two trips but this last trip at the end of the day the touchscreen was not responding. Does anybody have any solutions or aware of any issues with a generation three Solix units

2. Member
    Was your battery voltage still strong at the end of the day

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Was your battery voltage still strong at the end of the day
    I had no issues with the solix at the bow of the boat

4. Member
    My G3 did the same the other day. Turing it off and back on fixed it.
    -Rich Craft
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite / Mercury Pro XS 250 Ser # 3B013525

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgarrison52 View Post
    I had no issues with the solix at the bow of the boat
    fishon 396 has probably hit on your issue. The problem is not always a battery issue, the wire and connection can cause a lower voltage at a particular location. The fact it was the end of the day(the lowest voltage of the day normally) it may have gotten a bit lower at the problem unit. If you have it happen again, noting the voltage at both units may give you a clue. Maybe check or redo the connections for that unit. Switching units might also prove or disprove the theory. At least you will be able to confirm it is the unit itself or not.
    In the past, both GPS function and touch screen function seems to be the earliest affected by lower voltage. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    I had the same issue. It started intermittently and then it stopped all together. I talked to HB support. They had me update my software to the latest version as it is a known issue on the GN3's. They said 90% of the time, the software issue will fix it. It didn't fix mine. I had to send it back to HB for repair. It was FAST. I received a (free) shipping label on Monday, they received it Wednesday and shipped it back on Thursday. I had it back in my hands on Saturday.

7. Member
    This is a common issue with all generation Solix units. Some won't do it at all, some will. HB said a software update will fix it, but it doesn't. I hope they fix it when you sent it back, they told me the software update would fix it and not to send it back.