spinning reel: not made in china

I went to Sportsmans today to buy a 2 spinning reels. I'm in the $100-200 price range and refuse to buy from china. Abu Garcia, Lews, Okuma, quantum and Pfluger all made in china. They didn't have any Shimano in stock. Has any one recently purchased a Nasci or Stradic, where are they made?

2. Member
    Both of those lines are made in Malaysia.

3. Member
    I have a couple older Nasci's that are made in Malaysia. If you don't mind the weight they are excellent reels (very underrated) and I would take it over any of the other brands you mentioned at that price point. Stradics are obviously great reels too.

Kudos to you for going the extra mile to avoid the "made in China" labels.

4. Member
    Great! Thanks for the info guys

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass;[URL="tel:11853881"
    11853881[/URL]] I refuse to buy from china. Abu Garcia, Lews, Okuma, quantum and Pfluger all made in china.

Good decision, and I do the same. I find myself just dodging Daiwa (even though I like the product itself) unless it’s high end. Shimano’s Malaysian lineup (stradic, Vanford) tends to be my bread and butter.

6. Member
    Have a look at the new Ultegra. They are just now hitting the market and they might be in stock. I got mine yesterday. Made Malaysia. Naski is good, this is better - lighter, smoother.

7. Member
    I see the Ultegra on shinano website but no one around here has it in stock. As a matter of fact between the local Bass Pro shop and Sportsmans neither has many reels in stock. I'm gonna have to order online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    Have a look at the new Ultegra. They are just now hitting the market and they might be in stock. I got mine yesterday. Made Malaysia. Naski is good, this is better - lighter, smoother.