Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=867210 thats where I saw the GT center console bass style.

2. Member
    Yep - that's the one that gave me the idea of GT doing this again, but in a Strike. But they can't do the side little seats anymore. Just little steps.

3. Member
    Any thoughts on how to design a spot for a partners rods? That seems to be a disadvantage of the center console. I personally would like the rod lockers to be on the sides of the boat even with the center console, the way a Big O or Egret flats boat is laid out.

4. idbefishing
    I guess you could eliminate the little seats on the sides and make room for passenger rods.

5. Member
    the rod lockers are on the sides arent they? Im sure Kent could design something to accommodate any co anglers.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toporanger View Post
    the rod lockers are on the sides arent they? Im sure Kent could design something to accommodate any co anglers.
    I mean further back even with the console.

7. Member
    Ya, the rear fisher rod location is an issue with that layout. Perhaps a sloped “step up” on the port side with rod butt tubes forward, and traditional steps up on starboard. And with the centered seats, that port slope rod ramp could be rather wide for more rod storage. This is a work in progress in my mind, so these concerns and discussions are very helpful.

Would it be annoying to be that close to the co-angler while running? It’d be a lot easier to chat with them at speed, being behind the single same console.

The safest would be traditional bass layout. It’s proven and functional, but not very exciting to dream about with a custom boat fabricator.
    Last edited by boarder1995; 05-08-2021 at 10:31 AM.

8. Member
    For me it's not an issue. I could see it being an issue for tournament co anglers. But with that big deck I will have both anglers up front anyway. Any extra rods can be stored up front easily.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post
    Ya, the rear fisher rod location is an issue with that layout. Perhaps a sloped “step up” on the port side with rod butt tubes forward, and traditional steps up on starboard. And with the centered seats, that port slope rod ramp could be rather wide for more rod storage. This is a work in progress in my mind, so these concerns and discussions are very helpful.

Would it be annoying to be that close to the co-angler while running? It’d be a lot easier to chat with them at speed, being behind the single same console.

The safest would be traditional bass layout. It’s proven and functional, but not very exciting to dream about with a custom boat fabricator.
    I like the idea of two graphs mounted in the console. One of my concerns is accessing the livewell lids - I’d like have the lids open to the center so that they could be reached easily. This design would allow for a spring mounted seat option also.

10. idbefishing
    This layout is very nice except not co-angler friendly

what would you do to improve it?

11. idbefishing
    Oh yeah, you guys know the reason behind the drop down portion of the rear deck? Is it like a sponson?

12. Member
    Yeah thats a sponson/hunt deck I think. That is NOT the Strike series, thats their standard model. I believe its built for shallow water running with the option of a mod V like most aluminum bass style rigs (ranger RT). The Strike is a different beast closer to a fiberglass style hull, XPRESS X series is probably the closest comparison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12