Thread: A-40 tempest

A-40 tempest

Not sure why, but I've got an old quicksilver A 40 tempest that flat out outperforms my new tempest plus and my fury 3, both tempest are 25"and the fury 3 is 24, I guess they don't make em like they used to........

Quote Originally Posted by Commanchejoe View Post
    Not sure why, but I've got an old quicksilver A 40 tempest that flat out outperforms my new tempest plus and my fury 3, both tempest are 25"and the fury 3 is 24, I guess they don't make em like they used to........
    Nope... The boats and motors got bigger, more HP and torque, Too much for those thin blades... The rubber hubs would all melt with the DFI's hotter exhaust and throw blades way too much. I'm glad they don't make them like that anymore.

Maybe thats why they quit?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Well, all I know is that it's guicker outta the hole and 5 mph faster than the tempest plus, the fury is faster by 1 mph but it takes a mile to get there

4. Member
    I'm getting rid of the fury and gonna have the new tempest plus worked.....

5. Member
    Explain what the blade thickness and hub have to do with performance....

When you are in a pool, Try waving your hand under water fast... Flat against the water and then side ways. See what cuts through the water faster and easier. Thinner blades cut through the water with less resistance and can give better performance. Until the blade cracks. The rubber hubs don't hold up to heat well. The DFI motors burn much hotter than the old carb and efi motors. They melt and leave you stranded without warning.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

^^^^^^^
    Have the Fury reworked by Mark and it will probably be better than A-40. At least that was my experience when I used both of those props. I was lucky that I never lost a blade on one but a new hub was required about every 3 months with my Pro Max motors
    Thank You Leon Pugh