Evinrude G2 250 HO

Hi all,

really not a prop guy or knowledgeable at all. Tried searching but not having much luck

i bought a 2015 Ranger 620Fs last summer. Great boat and the motor is awesome also. Just don’t think I’m getting best performance yet.

the prop that’s on it is a 3 blade stainless, 21px15”
    i max out at 5400 rpm and approx 50-51mph with 2 guys, 3/4 tank of gas and some gear. Reading specs on the motor and it lists 5400-6000 as WOT range for that motor. Seems like I’m leaving something on the table right now so to speak. The boat does not have a jack plate and the motor is mounted flush with the top of the transom.

looking for advise on if a different prop would help? I don’t want to sacrifice handling as it’s really good right now, but if I can add 5mph than it’s worth the money. From reading other sites, sounds like people are getting low 60’s with this rig and motor.

thanks for helping a noob out!

2. Member
    I run the very exact same rig, bought new however my motor came with a RX4 22P and was running only 5400 RPM's. Dealer let me try a 3 bladed 15 x 21 SS, it was terrible as it would blow out on corners and when I trimmed up. I ended up with a RX4 20P, consistently run 57 - 58mph, hit 61 once, top RPM at 5850. My motor is permanently bolted to the transom however it is higher than yours, at least an inch to 2 inches above the top of the transom. The RX4 (4 bladed) was like having 4 wheel drive, better bite, no blowouts however unless I am full throttle the boat porpoises as I trim up, I suspect the high mounting is the cause, so I don't have much trim at cruising speeds but it runs stable. I just went to Lithium's and got rid of 150#'s so I am going to see if the 22P will improve. I suspect that the people getting low 60's have a jack plate and are turning around 6000 RPM's. Most of the time I cruise at 3400 - 3700 RPM, 34 - 37 mph as even 57 can be a little unnerving.

3. Member
    Really appreciate the reply. Guess I have to decide whether to try a prop or raise the motor up