Unit shuts down...

I have a Hook 7 T scan on my dash and a Hook 7 double scan up front. If I am using the Double Scan sometimes the Triple Scan just shuts down on its own. I can start it back up but don't know why it shuts down. A friend has an Elite that does the same thing. Just wonder if anyone has it happen to them.

2. Member
    Typically due to low voltage. Pull up input-voltage as a screen overlay on all units and monitor it.

3. Member
    Thanks so much. I had told my friend that the voltage could be our problem. I'll clean all connections and check the battery to see if it needs to be changed out. It came in the boat when I bought it almost 3 years ago so it could be getting weak. I charge it after every use. Thanks again...

4. Member
    Well, yesterday my dash unit a Hook 7 wouldn't come on, It would flash Hook then go black. When i got home I checked the voltage and it read 11.7 so checked the battery and it read 11.6. I can't believe that it cranked the motor to come in. Now I have a new battery in the boat and everything works great. Funny how if you don't have proper power, things don't work.