Surge Brakes Locking in Reverse

My Benchmark trailer just started locking up when I reverse. Have any of you had this issue? My reverse lights on the truck and trailer are working.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    My Benchmark trailer just started locking up when I reverse. Have any of you had this issue? My reverse lights on the truck and trailer are working.
    As you select reverse and the reverse lights activate on the trailer, current is sent to a solenoid which gives you a bypass of the brake circuit so the brakes will not apply when backing up. Could be either a break in the wire from the plug to the solenoid (near your master cylinder), or the solenoid itself is faulty.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    Could also be the solenoid is good, but not receiving an electrical backup "signal" from the wire itself, and therefore causes the brakes to lock. Have you put a voltmeter on it to see if the solenoid is receiving 12V+?
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives