Engine oil issue Mercury 4 stroke

Buddy I fish with changed his engine oil about 2 weeks ago and it was discolored. He used it one weekend and checked the oil again and looks like the picture. Beads up kind of like water but says it also smells maybe like gas. Definitely needs to go to the shop of which his local mechanic is over a month out. How much running this before major damage to engine?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    War Eagle 2072 LDBR - Mercury 150 4stroke - Hydraulic Jackplate
    Minn Kota Ultrex - Garmin 93 ultra bow and 126sv ultra at console

2. Member
    The picture looks like water in the oil. I would drain and refill with fresh oil and run it for a few minuets and then not run it until it can be checked out by a technician.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    I would bet about 10 minutes

4. Member
    Not good get it to dealer!

5. Member
    With that much water in the oil I'd be amazed if engine damage hasn't already occurred. Tell him to STOP running the engine, drain and retain the oil in a clean container, then refill with fresh oil.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    With that much water in the oil I'd be amazed if engine damage hasn't already occurred. Tell him to STOP running the engine, drain and retain the oil in a clean container, then refill with fresh oil.
    +1

Please get your buddy to come on and post his engine info, as it's difficult to formulate much advice other than the above without knowing what we are working with.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor