Garmin will now support Mercury engine data

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...ine-displays-/

Mercury just announced SmartCraft Connect which enables access to engine data screens on Garmin and Raymarine units. Availability second quarter, 2021. Looks great and hopefully cheaper than the previous options.

Does anyone know what additional equipment, if any, we'll need to use the SmartCraft module and hook up with our Garmins? The module looks similar to the Vessel View Mobile module. Will I need additional add ons for this to work on my 2B699863?
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Email Rhonda- she can assist you with Smartcraft Connect.

Installs at the engine (one version) with NMEA-2000 Network connection.

-OR-

Installs at the console (second version) connected to both Smartcraft Network
    AND NMEA-2000 Network.

MUST purchase the correct version for your application.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks!
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

4. Member
    How Much of a difference between nmea2000 data and vessel view? On a 2020 motor, 300xp

5. Member
    Is SmartCraft Connect basically functioning as a gateway device? I've had Smartcraft engine data, via Mercmonitor and N2k, on my Raymarine MFD since 2015 as seen here.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Is SmartCraft Connect basically functioning as a gateway device? I've had Smartcraft engine data, via Mercmonitor and N2k, on my Raymarine MFD since 2015 as seen here.
    Not quite the same. It adds the VesselView functionality (which is considerably more than just gateway data).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Aha. Mine is linked from Mercmonitor and displays most everything it does.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct. The improvement is the Vessel View Interface (not a change in the data).

9. Member
    I’ve seen surprisingly little info on the forums about folks using the SmartCraft Connect system. I just sent an email to Rhonda for my application per Don’s suggestion, but I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience using the Connect with Garmin MFDs (good or bad).

The interface certainly looks like a huge improvement over what was previously available on Garmin MFDs. I’m fairly certain the answer to this is no, but does anyone know if you can display a split screen (map on one half of screen and engine data on the other half)? Seems plausible but nothing in the literature from Merc mentions this capability.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's primarily because the "screen" functionality is part of your Graph's programming.

If you can split screen other screens, I would expect that you would be able to split screen with the SC Connect as well.