Mercury throttle adjustment

2013 Bass tracker pro 190
    2013 Mercury 90hp 4 stroke #1F90413ED
    Serial# 2B045904

A little back story, I'm the third owner of this boat. It has right around 20 hours on it, and sat in a storage for over six years. Previous owner bought it from the storage unit, he had it about 1-1/2 years now I have it. He changed the water pump and put new steering cables on the boat. Motor runs good but throttle seems super sensitive. It doesn't feel stiff at all its just super sensitive. If I barely push it, it wants to jump up to like 2000rpm's. Also noticed when coming off plane sometimes it will grind (down by the prop) like I put it in neutral or something while the blades still turning. I have to ease off the throttle to avoid it. Hoping there is a simple adjustment I may be able to make myself, not sure if need to bring it in for a tech to put a computer on it to adjust.

Also, wondering if this model motor requires a fuel bulb.
    unnamed.jpg
    Last edited by Maximus84; 05-03-2021 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Added serial #

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC!

If you would, please take a moment to read through the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and update your post with the Engine Serial Number (required when posting). Thanks!

Would also be a good idea to post a picture of your control (that will help with the "super sensitive" concern).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor