Atlas Jack Plate gremlin

I have a problem with my jack plate lowering without input from the blinker switch. It happens in a random fashion when I am fishing, running, or even parked on the trailer. Dealer replaced the relay and the next week it happened again. I replaced the actuator and it happened again. Took the blinker switch out and ordered one. Went outside and heard it running, without the switch. Go figure. I am thinking I am just jinxed. Only problem with the boat so far, just puzzled.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite
    Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Disconnect the relay and see of it happens. If it does, disconnect the actuator and see if it happens. Then replace the part that is bad. Also check the wireing for a short, including dirty contacts and connections/connectors.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    I had a chaffed wire, it was grounding and mine would go up on its own. It was intermittent and took me forever to find the problem. Hope this helps.

4. Member
    Atlas wiring.pngFound this about 8 inches from the relay headed to the deity at the steering wheel. I am sleeping better now.
    Last edited by jotahech371; 05-11-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite
    Mercury 250 ProXS