Can only link talon foot control to one talon

Can only link talon foot control to one talon on the starboard side. I can link both talons to my remotes. Anything I'm not of aware of? 179747991_472379214183125_2251609473767134075_n.jpg
    ChueFu Lee

2. Member
    Try turning off the bluetooth setting on your cell phone while you sync, and anyone else that's within the vicinity. Could be some interference.

If it doesn't sync at your home, try another location (lake parking lot, mall parking lot).

3. Member
    Do you mean that when you use the foot controller that only the starboard side Talon moves? Because you want to pair the Talons together first, and then pair a hand remote or foot controller to just 1 of the Talons. That automatically makes the remotes control both Talons together.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom

4. Member
    the remote can raise and lower both talons. the foot control only works for starboard side
    ChueFu Lee

Do you have the selector switch on the foot control set to only control the starboard side? It can be set to only control the port, only control the starboard or to control both at the same time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Do you have the selector switch on the foot control set to only control the starboard side? It can be set to only control the port, only control the starboard or to control both at the same time.
    Great point! Forgot about that.

7. Member
    Yeah I thought so to . I tried toggling it to do both. Might have to look at it again to make sure I set it right
    ChueFu Lee

When programming the remote you program the port side, then you program the starboard side. "Technically" there is no programming for both at the same time. You simply have your selector switch in the position to operate them both at the same time. Hopefully that made sense the way I explained it.

9. Member
    I reinstalled my Talon App on my phone last night and updated the BlueTooth Talons and updated each remote. First I cleared all of the BT codes on everything. For the Talons you do that by holding down the up arrow on the Talon and connecting power. I did each one separately by pulling the fuses and only putting the fuse into one at a time, with the help of my son holding down the up arrow. Then with them turned off, I cleared the codes to each remote by putting them into pair mode, one at a time, and letting them time out which clears the remote codes. Then I paired the Talons together (pressing up and down arrows at the same time until the depth lights flash in a pattern, Port side first, then Starboard side) and then paired them to my phone Talon app. Then I used the app to update the software in the Talons, which they needed.

Pair each remote separately to the Port side Talon. After it pairs, the remote will then do the software update by flashing the lights on the remote in a pattern. You will need to pair that remote to the Talon again after that software update. Repeat that process with each hand and foot remote.

It did take about 20 minutes or so to read my notes and get everything done properly in the right order, but they work perfectly again. I watched several of the Minn Kota Talon youtube videos and took notes from other posts on here.