Adding an axel to a Ranger trailer

Has anyone added an axel to their Ranger trailer? I've got a 118c and my tires wear on the inside. I've looked for a tandem axel trailer without any luck. Just wondering if this is feasible. Thanks

2. Member
    With the 118 you really shouldn’t need a tandem as I would guess it’s a 4500# single axle. Not sure what boat/trailer/year range you have but I’m guessing the trailer has a torsion axle and there’s an issue.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    With enough money anything is doable. Feasible is another question.

4. Member
    It's a 2013 with an Evinrude 150. It does have a torsion axel. I don't have ant experience with torsion axels.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbleifus View Post
    It's a 2013 with an Evinrude 150. It does have a torsion axel. I don't have ant experience with torsion axels.
    Ok, lot’s of good experience and information here about the subject. 2013 will be a torsion axle. On a 118c w/150 the axle is likely a 4500#. I would search the topic here in the search bar. There’s a clamp w/ a bolt that holds the assembly on, these have a history of getting loose and out of alignment. You could also have a bent spindle which isn’t unheard of on this setup. Same stuff is still used in production today so anyone talking 2010-current is looking at the same setup. Hopefully it helps you.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Member
    Thanks! I appreciate the info. I'm beginning my search.

7. Member
    Pm sent

8. Member
    I looked SERIOUSLY at adding an axle to my single axle. (Fisher Pro Hawk 180) However, after much due diligence it was pretty easy to figure out that it wasn't the thing to do. The cost to add the axle...2 new tires and wheels to buy, alignment complications, etc. I only paid $1200 for a very heavy duty/well conditioned used trailer with 4 brand new tires and stainless wheels....a new cheap Chinese steel one is $2500.

After a couple of months of searching I found a nice one, in fact I'm now finishing it up....cut and reweld the bunks, paint, etc. The benefits are numerous....stouter frame, heavier suspension, 4 wheels on the ground, etc. The only negatives are 4 tires to replace instead of 2, tougher to store inside, etc. However, the ride is a giant improvement plus the peace of mind when towing, especially long distance.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 05-02-2021 at 11:54 AM.