Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcon New Cara Rods

Now that they have been out for a bit ...
    What's everyone’s thoughts on the New Cara’s?
    Sensitivity , Balance and feel ?
    Im still having a hard time getting past the New Screw nut in front of the reel seat.

Curious how everyone feels how they stack up against the Cara’s of the past ?
    Falcon has always had great parabolic blank action for moving baits ... How does everyone like them for bottom baits?
    Thanks and Tight Lines!
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

2. Banned
    China : (

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 572 Fitter View Post
    X2

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 572 Fitter View Post
    X3

5. Member
    In the Falcon line, it is my opinion, that the best bang for the buck is the BuCoo. I have both models. Love the BuCoo. You can pay more if you want.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

6. Member
    Why is it that when Falcon was forced to move offshore to remain competitive, many jumped ship, yet have no problem with other rod companies having done the same thing? I understand preferring American made...I work in a machine shop...and the owner also has companies in China and Mexico (and Lithuania, I think) so that he can also compete in our field.

Where is all the hate for Walmart forcing American factories out of work? Not a lot if it doesn't/didn't directly affect you personally because it allows you to save a few cents.

AFAIAC Falcon still sells quality products and I will be putting my money where my mouth is by adding an Expert and Lowrider casting rod to my arsenal this year. Both rated to fish above their price point.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Why is it that when Falcon was forced to move offshore to remain competitive, many jumped ship, yet have no problem with other rod companies having done the same thing? I understand preferring American made...I work in a machine shop...and the owner also has companies in China and Mexico (and Lithuania, I think) so that he can also compete in our field.

Where is all the hate for Walmart forcing American factories out of work? Not a lot if it doesn't/didn't directly affect you personally because it allows you to save a few cents.

AFAIAC Falcon still sells quality products and I will be putting my money where my mouth is by adding an Expert and Lowrider casting rod to my arsenal this year. Both rated to fish above their price point.

Thank you!!!

Its quite hilarious to watch all these folks constantly sh!t on falcon while at the same time enjoying a life made almost entirely from Chinese made and manufactured products.

8. Member
    I have a new Cara Amistad and old ones too. Love the new one better and in fact plan to get more

9. Member
    The Falcon made in China bashing is completely stupid at this point
    The same fools that do it are using plenty of reels and rods made with overseas components as well as manufactured there as well
    Falcon has a great lineup of rods with excellent customer service!!!
    They all fish well above what you pay for them ..
    I was looking for real input on the new Cara line and of course the children come out to play ... LMAO !!!
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    The Falcon made in China bashing is completely stupid at this point
    The same fools that do it are using plenty of reels and rods made with overseas components as well as manufactured there as well
    Falcon has a great lineup of rods with excellent customer service!!!
    They all fish well above what you pay for them ..
    I was looking for real input on the new Cara line and of course the children come out to play ... LMAO !!!
    I have a new Cara 5-1610 (Finaesse Jig) due to arrive any day now (shipped Friday). For comparison I have 8 US made Caras, all ST or MMC versions so I'll be able to make a head to head comparison. Will post my opinions after I get a chance to put the new rod to the test.

11. Member
    I havent fished any of the new ones but the ones I handled in store were very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to own a few.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
    Thank you!!!

Its quite hilarious to watch all these folks constantly sh!t on falcon while at the same time enjoying a life made almost entirely from Chinese made and manufactured products.
    Exactly - while typing out these comments on a computer and keyboard made in China.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Exactly - while typing out these comments on a computer and keyboard made in China.
    Driving a vehicle/boat with a majority of raw materials, parts, electronics, etc. all provided by Chinese labor and manufacturing.

Living in a home where the structural, electrical, and mechanical makeup is vastly sourced from China.

Connecting to this website using products and services almost completely provided by Chinese technology and manufacturing.

But hey, let's make sure Falcon gets the message...USA, USA, USA, USA.

14. Member
    Driving a vehicle/boat with a majority of raw materials, parts, electronics, etc. all provided by Chinese labor and manufacturing.

Living in a home where the structural, electrical, and mechanical makeup is vastly sourced from China.

Connecting to this website using products and services almost completely provided by Chinese technology and manufacturing.

But hey, let's make sure Falcon gets the message...USA, USA, USA, USA.
    Amen! I was as disapponited as the rest of the long-time Falcon rod buyers, I've got multiples of every Cara ST and MMC versions. At least Falcon is still sponsoring Hallman, Christie, McClelland as well as BASS Elite tournaments; and they just had their Grand Challenge at Grand Lake. I haven't seen Loomis or St Croix (the two biggest US rod manufacturers) do something like this for grassroots (non-pro) bass anglers...

15. Member
    Thank you!!!

Pretty sure no one is shitting on Falcon as you say. Just some people have decided to not invest in any Falcon rods made in China. I have no need to buy any -- I have around 20 American made Falcons that will keep me fishing very nicely without purchasing any. Enjoy reading all the posts about some are Fools and Stupid people for choosing not to buy a Falcon Chinese rod. I did not see any bashing-- just 3 posts that said they were not pleased with falcon being made in China. I am guessing comprehension is too difficult for some

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    Pretty sure no one is shitting on Falcon as you say.
    Read more threads. It's a constant bashing between here, BR, and TT. Every time Falcon is brought up, they immediately get criticized for outsourcing to China.

Comprehension is easy, actually. I'm surprised you missed it by so much.

17. Member
    Read more threads. It's a constant bashing between here, BR, and TT. Every time Falcon is brought up, they immediately get criticized for outsourcing to China.

Comprehension is easy, actually. I'm surprised you missed it by so much.
    I did not miss it. As usual you think you know what your talking about when you did not comprehend what was stated. No one bashed falcon it was stated that some do not care to have a Chinese Falcon. That is not a bash. What everyone said piling on was the bash. If I said I do not want to own a Ford or Honda for any reason would you consider that a bash? I do not need any more Falcon rods so I really do not care where they are made even though I find if it sad they are moved overseas and still carry the hefty price tag. Amazed when people who think they have all the answers have no comprehension about what they are sharing half an opinion on something. Would you have jumped on someone if they said they did not like the reel seat or thought it was tip heavy? I think not. Why you want to bash on some that says that they do not want not own a Chinese rod is hard for me to understand except it done from a fairly safe place to do it. Everyone had the right to like or dislike something no matter the reason no matter if it suits your thinking or not. Comprehension. Surprised you missed it but you have to have a grasp on what is actually being said to get it
    Last edited by kadas; 05-04-2021 at 02:24 PM.

18. Banned
    Would you have jumped on someone if they said they did not like the reel seat or thought it was tip heavy?
    If that same person said they did not like a rod because it was tip heavy, and then went and bought the heaviest tipped rod on the market...yes, I would have "jumped" on them for being a hypocrite.

Comprehending yet?

19. Member
    If that same person said they did not like a rod because it was tip heavy, and then went and bought the heaviest tipped rod on the market...yes, I would have "jumped" on them for being a hypocrite.

Comprehending yet?
    . You are missing it first I do not care where they are made and how do you know he bought the heaviest tip rod on the market. I am thinking you opened a thread and saw chance to show yourself by commenting on how tired you are about reading Falcon threads that guys are posting they do not like it that Falcon went to China. Yes there are a lot of guys out there that do not like it and you will probably see a lot more threads about Chinese Falcon. Let me be clear -- I have nothing against Chinese rods I have bought several Kistler Rods from Trey that I like a lot and they were made in China. See you do not have to hate Chinese rods to be disappointed thatFalcon went there with their rods. And once again it does not really matter to me because I have all the Falcon rods I need. If you are really tired of seeing guys on any forum knocking Falcon for their move you might want to just not open the threads because your post makes it look like you saw an opportunity to join in the bashing and that is all it did. Please have a good life and enjoy your fishing time. I am done with this
    Last edited by kadas; 05-04-2021 at 03:05 PM.

20. Banned
    . If you are really tired of seeing guys on any forum knocking Falcon for their move you might want to just not open the threads because your post makes it look like you saw an opportunity to join in the bashing and that is all it did.
    I can open/respond to any thread I desire. Just like you. I can also call out hypocritical behavior when I see it.

My day is fine, thanks for the well wishes. Have a good one.

Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast