Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    I did not miss it. As usual you think you know what your talking about when you did not comprehend what was stated. No one bashed falcon it was stated that some do not care to have a Chinese Falcon. That is not a bash. What everyone said piling on was the bash. If I said I do not want to own a Ford or Honda for any reason would you consider that a bash? I do not need any more Falcon rods so I really do not care where they are made even though I find if it sad they are moved overseas and still carry the hefty price tag. Amazed when people who think they have all the answers have no comprehension about what they are sharing half an opinion on something. Would you have jumped on someone if they said they did not like the reel seat or thought it was tip heavy? I think not. Why you want to bash on some that says that they do not want not own a Chinese rod is hard for me to understand except it done from a fairly safe place to do it. Everyone had the right to like or dislike something no matter the reason no matter if it suits your thinking or not. Comprehension. Surprised you missed it but you have to have a grasp on what is actually being said to get it
    Well said,being a Falcon only guy for 24 yrs....yes it's hard to swallow the China change up.Thankefully there are still USA made rods manufactured out there for us Made in the USA loyalty fans.

2. Member
    OK ... well since it’s jumped around for the guys that want to cry about Falcon and China etc....
    How about sticking to the facts
    This is about the new Cara rods ...
    Whos throwing them and what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Southcoast Bassin; 05-05-2021 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Cara
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

3. Member
    Well, I will attempt to add my personal thoughts. I guess I should state up front that I do not, and have never owned an American-made Falcon. So, I cant compare them. However, I will provide my opinion on the Falcons I own vs other rods I have used.

Here is what I have - 7' All Round Cara, 7 3 Deep Runner Cara, and a 6 10 topwater/finesse jig Expert.

I think they are fabulous rods, very very light and very balanced. The reel seats are nice (not thin and knubby like some others). 2 have full cork, which I like, and one is split. I am using these for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and soft jerkbaits. Cant comment on sensitivity for bottom contact.

Just my opinion, but they are my favorite rods in that price range. I have tried a few other popular rods in the same range and I like Falcon the best. For bottom contact, I went with the Poison Adrena.

This should really get some folks worked up - I also have a couple of Exprides and I think the Falcons are very close. There, I said it. That should get the conversation redirected. The Exprides certainly have better fit and finish.

Falcons have a good warranty, too, for what thats worth.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 572 Fitter View Post
    Well said,being a Falcon only guy for 24 yrs....yes it's hard to swallow the China change up.Thankefully there are still USA made rods manufactured out there for us Made in the USA loyalty fans.
    BINGO...NUFF SAID...even for many $500-$800 + JDM rods from Megabass and many other brands. I was custom all USA made blanks and Japanese components for over 15 years, until I had to settle for MIC, MIV (Vietnam), MIT (Thailand) rods. I will actively look for MIJ if possible, but it is not realistic, thus I stick with avoiding/supporting the Corporate Institutions that I detest and disagree with, based upon my personal ethical/moral/spiritual standpoint.

FWIW and IMO, the Amistad 7'4" XXH (IIRC the length) I had was very light, very powerful, well built, with good/above average sensitivity, however it did not have the "fishable taper" that I expect from Falcon...granted Falcon hasn't been the same since Shikari went BK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12