Default to save all tracks

I moved from Lowrance to Humminbird Helix Mega 8SI+. My Lowrance units used to record all my tracks everytime I went out and would be there the next time I went out until I deleted them. My Helix unit does not do that, I lose all my tracks the minute I shut the unit down. Is there some auto track save function I am not using or do I just need to remember to save my tracks everytime I turn the unit off? I am using 2.440 software. Thanks!

To add to Bills question: My Helix 9 and 10 both display the current track every time I go out. So if I shut it down 5 times the track continues and remains until I delete it. I wonder why his does not? Is mine an anomaly?
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate

Unless you disable Tracks, the unit creates Current Track from the time it is turned on until it is turned off. Current Track starts when the unit is new and is still Current Track until you deliberately SAVE CURRENT TRACK or DELETE CURRENT TRACK.

Current Track can be multiple days and multiple locations, but is not infinite. There is a max number of Track Points and when that is reached and you do nothing, the beginning is deleted to have more space for the end.

After SAVE CURRENT TRACK or DELETE CURRENT TRACK is done, the whole process starts over.

If you want to manage Tracks, do a DELETE CURRENT TRACK at the beginning of a day and SAVE CURRENT TRACK at the end of the day. You will have a new CURRENT TRACK recorded the next day.

I have some saved tracks that have segments at my house when I was running units in my den since I forgot to Delete Current Track at the beginning of a day at a lake.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Unless you disable Tracks, the unit creates Current Track from the time it is turned on until it is turned off. Current Track starts when the unit is new and is still Current Track until you deliberately SAVE CURRENT TRACK or DELETE CURRENT TRACK.

Current Track can be multiple days and multiple locations, but is not infinite. There is a max number of Track Points and when that is reached and you do nothing, the beginning is deleted to have more space for the end.

After SAVE CURRENT TRACK or DELETE CURRENT TRACK is done, the whole process starts over.

If you want to manage Tracks, do a DELETE CURRENT TRACK at the beginning of a day and SAVE CURRENT TRACK at the end of the day. You will have a new CURRENT TRACK recorded the next day.

I have some saved tracks that have segments at my house when I was running units in my den since I forgot to Delete Current Track at the beginning of a day at a lake.
    Thanks Wayne!
    I also had the same questions as the OP. I suppose this is a good thing, as long as you remember to save the current track for each fishing day. I do wish there was some "pop up" mechanism to remind you but life goes on. My Lowrance had over 23K points (that would not transfer over) to the HB due to volume. Majority of those points are likely because of them running in my garage and what not.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80