Question Running wiring in 2020 Pro Team 175 TF for TM?

Hey all. My friend has above said boat, and she's upgrading to a 24v trolling motor. Already have everything I need for wiring to help her get this swap done from the current 12v to the new 24v trolling motor, BUT, I've heard that these boats can be somewhat cumbersome for running wiring?

Can anyone provide any insight on what I should expect? Any additional tools I can grab to make my life easier for this? Literally anything you can think of that will help, I will gladly take. Thanks!

2. Member
    The boat is already wired to accept 24v TM. You shouldn’t have any issues at all.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    The boat is already wired to accept 24v TM. You shouldn’t have any issues at all.
    Aw damn wasn't aware of that, I was led to believe we'd need new wiring to safely carry the 24v setup. Thank you!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Aw damn wasn't aware of that, I was led to believe we'd need new wiring to safely carry the 24v setup. Thank you!
    All good - take it as a sign of relief. Wouldn’t want to wish that job upon anyone.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

5. Member
    All good - take it as a sign of relief. Wouldn’t want to wish that job upon anyone.
    Make sure you check the wire size. I'm looking to buy a 2021 190 TXW and they have been wired different. One is wired with 6 gauge and the next is 8 gauge. Even a 195 TXW tournament edition which comes with a 24 vote trolling motor was wired with 8 gauge.

6. Member
    All the new Trackers will be wired with 6 ga wiring through the boat. Might see 8ga to the terminals or to the plug.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

7. Member
    8 gauge works fine with a 24v trolling motor.

8. Member
    All the new Trackers will be wired with 6 ga wiring through the boat. Might see 8ga to the terminals or to the plug.
    Yup dove into it this weekend and it's all 6ga throughout!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Hey all. My friend has above said boat, and she's upgrading to a 24v trolling motor. Already have everything I need for wiring to help her get this swap done from the current 12v to the new 24v trolling motor, BUT, I've heard that these boats can be somewhat cumbersome for running wiring?

Can anyone provide any insight on what I should expect? Any additional tools I can grab to make my life easier for this? Literally anything you can think of that will help, I will gladly take. Thanks!
    Just noticed your post, If you have any questions let me know. I have done way to many installs on my boat and a few other Tin boats.

10. Member
    Hook n em, I’m gonna send you a PM. Have some questions on my 2020 tracker 175 TE.

helix 9/10 install console and bow. Will pm with more details tomorrow