Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Employee Pet Peeves

Just gotta vent a tad here. Got a employee of 20 years that has more than one pet peeve that drives me nuts. The biggest one is this.

She Goes to the bathroom on my time. I get it, if you gotta go, you go. No big deal.
    BUT....she goes 5 minutes before punching out for lunch and 5 minutes before she goes home just like clockwork, every day.
    Drives me crazy. Just one day, Ilike for her to punch out and piss on HER time.

Rant over....

2. Member
    Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I poop on company time.

3. Member
    lol

4. Member
    I’ve managed many employees and the scenario you describe would be very minor in comparison with some other things I’ve seen.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

5. Member
    You should allow a five minute wash up time pryor to lunch and pryor to going home.

Ah, that's only a little over 40 hours a year...... What's one more check.

7. Member
    I always make sure to go before the commute home. Never know when you're gonna get stuck in crazy traffic.

8. Banned
    Get over it ! Be grateful you dont have a bunch of protected species working for you.

Well at least she isn’t following your lead and posting on bbc.

Turn the light on in the bathroom and lock the door 15 minutes before lunch and quitting time? That'll show her!

When I was a young feller, one guy always went to the can right after the starting whistle...and took the morning newspaper with him. Yah, regular as clockwork! Yes, the boss noticed, but it was a Union shop, so.....
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

11. Banned
    My wife had a guy she has been writing up for years.He took 3-4 30 min bathroom breaks a day,but they couldn't get rid of him based on his minority status.This guy was always holding the team up.Once the China virus hit and everyone went and worked from home.He finally out did himself,my wife saw he had only been logged in for 15min in three dsys.This was finally enough to get rid of the turd,oh ..and this guy was making 90,000 a year

12. Member
    Every one has pet peeves. Mine is somehow smokers think they get a 15 min break every hour. Those who don’t get one 15 minute break a day or add it to the lunch 1/2 hour to extend it to 45 minutes.
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI

If you are bitching about that then you are probably fortunate she has stayed for 20 years......

14. Member
    I do not work hourly anymore but when I did there were always some folks that did their regular business every single day at work. I always felt that your daily routine should not be on the employers time. Obviously we al go off schedule sometimes and that is expected but not your normal routine.

However, I realize that some folks have issues and need to do that more regularly. Maybe she is in that category? I would not fret it as long as she gets her work done and causes no problems but the downside is that other folks may see the example and take advantage.

15. Member
    I guess I'd have to weigh that against her performance the rest of the day. If it's the straw that breaks the camel's back, then it might get to me. If she's productive and you value her contributions, then I'd chuckle and chalk it up to an amusing quirk. If she spends half the day on BBC and then pees on your time......

16. Member
    Sounds like a leadership issue.

17. Member
    We had a guy in the office that insisted on a 15min smoke break every hour. Even though my old boss let it fly he would milk it for every thing it was worth. I swear every time I walked into his office he was not there. Truly the guy smoked more than he worked.

18. Member
    Bathroom by the storeroom is always busy between 2:45 and 3:15,quitting Time is 3:30. That 6 man department has a stranglehold on the bathroom for a good half hour. They are responsible for magazine distribution so there is always a People or popular mechanics in the stall.
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    You should allow a five minute wash up time pryor to lunch and pryor to going home.
    There's these pesky little things known as labor laws that you would be violating...and in turn likely fined or sued over.

She is likely entitled to (2) 10-15 min PAID breaks per day, and an unpaid lunch. The shit people complain about..literally.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 572 Fitter View Post
    Get over it ! Be grateful you dont have a bunch of protected species working for you.
    POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast