Z20 Pro passenger side drawer / box issue

Hello,
    I have a 2020 Z20 pro. I am really struguling with the box / drawer below the removable counsel built in to the boat. Is this a poor ddesign? Everyting seems to bounce out when its closed into the open area (not assesible) under the fiber glass. Has anyone come up with a way to use this compartmnent sucsefully? Maybe modified it some how?

2. Member
    What’s bouncing out? I’ve got a Z21 (assume same drawer on slides), haven’t lost anything from inside mine. I’m sure if you remove the lower rod butt holder in port rod locker you could access the items you’ve lost. Perhaps see a way to improve by doing so.
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    Any chance of some sort of a lid that comes off when you open it.

4. Member
    Here some photos of what I am talking about. I probably didn't do a good job explaining it. there are no slides. It's more like a door with a box on the back.IMG_5804.jpegIMG_5805.jpegIMG_5806.jpeg

The z19 and z20 share the same design. Neither is enclosed and both tilt back..... One of the worst designs.
    IF you use it plan on looking for your stuff in the rear of the boat.

The z21 is a pullout box enclosed in a box....
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

6. Member
    Just spitballing here......Maybe try something like a flap for a dog door. Cut it to fit on the inside of the bin and use a piece of angled aluminum and screws to attach it in a way that it will want to lay down into the bin. When you close the door it will need to be mounted to have enough pressure (probably would be heavy enough by itself) to not flip toward the bow. On the front edge cut a slot for the latch and maybe a little bigger so you can fit your finger into to make it easier to lift the flap and access what you need. May not be convenient to get into it quickly but easier than than trying to find stuff that fell behind it.

7. Member
    This drawer is a complete waste of money as an add on. It is built into the Z21 and works great. As added to any other boat the top is open and anything stored in the drawer winds up missing in the hull of the boat. Big waste of money. I had one on a Z19 and now have one on a Z21. No comparison period other than they look the same from the outside. Anyone thinking of adding this to a boat, don’t.

8. Member
    I appreciate the comments. As for it being a waste of money, I agree with you, but at this point I am just trying to make it work. The doggy door thing is interesting.

9. Member
    I installed one of these "drawers" on my '16 Z18. I ended up using a heavy/thick piece of clear plastic, like what you see hanging vertically in doorways to coolers. I attached it to the opening where it would hang down behind the drawer when it was open, and would allow the drawer to pivot closed, but stay on top of the drawer opening preventing most things from bouncing out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

10. Member
    Could try using it for things that don't bounce much like sweatshirts, hats, rope etc. Does seem like a poor design.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

11. Member
    Interesting
    i would build a-fixed box that attaches to the door frame screws.
    when you open , the door opens by itself without the box.

Here is a post about a year ago, he designed a slide out box.
    if someone was to make these they could sell them, to all us suckers that have a useless 1/4 fold out box.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11236175
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

damn......I included this option on my new Z19....looks like I wasted that dough.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

14. Member
    My 2016 Z20 has the slide out box. It isn’t much better than the tip out. Just a closed compartment with a door would be a better option imo.