Thread: Lynx Props

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lynx Props

I currently run a 24 pitch Fury 3 and Fury 4. (Both worked by Ronnie Gilbert) The 3 blade will run 76 mph with a light load but can be sluggish with a full tournament load. It's also only spinning 5600-5800 rpms. That's well below the 6200 Mercury recommends for optimum performance. I know Bass Cat now recommends the 23 Fury 3. They're tough to come by right now. My 24 Fury 4 drives like a dream. Boats lifts great and is responsive. Mid range has pop but top end bottoms out at 71 mph. Again.... I'm only turning 5800 rpms. Has anyone tried the 23 pitch Fury 4? I think gaining 200 rpms might improve the overall performance.

2. Member
    Have you tried different motor heights?

3. Member
    250 mercury 4 stroke?

Ive only had my boat for 6 weeks and on the water 4 times so I haven’t played with props yet but I’m running a 300 merc 4 stroke and the only time I have tried to stretch it out it ran 74 with a fury 4. My boat is unusable now till it goes to the fiberglass shop for repairs but I plan on trying a fury 3. I did try my 26p promax and the hole shot was great but around 70 it was trying to surface and was a handful.

4. Member
    I'm currently running the 24 Fury 4 with exact same results as you are seeing...about 71mph at about 5700rpm. I'm going to send my fury 4 in and have it re-pitched to a 23 to get the rpms up. I have a 23 fury 3 as a backup but haven't ran enough to really dial it in or get good numbers on it, it's obviously quite a bit faster but no good data yet.

5. Member
    I’d really like to try a 23 Fury 4. My buddy has one so I might see if I can test it out. Also would like to try a 23 Fury 3. I did read in here where there are several guys say the 24 Tempest is the prop to run.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    Have you tried different motor heights?
    Yes.... it's on an Atlas hydraulic plate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    250 mercury 4 stroke?

Ive only had my boat for 6 weeks and on the water 4 times so I haven’t played with props yet but I’m running a 300 merc 4 stroke and the only time I have tried to stretch it out it ran 74 with a fury 4. My boat is unusable now till it goes to the fiberglass shop for repairs but I plan on trying a fury 3. I did try my 26p promax and the hole shot was great but around 70 it was trying to surface and was a handful.
    I have hit 82 so far in my lynx with 300. the key is worked prop fury 3 blade 24 pitch is the ideal prop but must be worked. As far as stability and control, get a bravo 1 fs or xs and have it worked. talk about mid punch and way better take off. top end dies around 77 however but everything else much better. hydraulic jackplate is critical on lynx. I wouldnt own a lynx without hydraulic jackplate and thats the truth.

8. Member
    Have you had the tech hook up and make sure you are achieving full throttle? Is this a 4 stroke?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I have hit 82 so far in my lynx with 300..
    What prop?

10. Member
    24 pitch fury 3 blade worked by ronnie.

the 4 blade bravo fs not as fast but i run it 90 percent of the time.

11. Member
    That comes out to 6717 RPM at 6% slip. If we bump that prop up to 25, that's 6448 rpm.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    That comes out to 6717 RPM at 6% slip. If we bump that prop up to 25, that's 6448 rpm.
    I don’t know what to tell you. That’s gps and mine is a 300 verado pro 4 stroke. I do hit 6400 rpm as that is verado 300 limiter area.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    24 pitch fury 3 blade worked by ronnie.

the 4 blade bravo fs not as fast but i run it 90 percent of the time.
    What pitch Bravo? I guess I should go down a pitch since I have the 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    What pitch Bravo? I guess I should go down a pitch since I have the 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke
    my bravo is a 25 pitch fs but needs to be a 26 pitch. I hit the 6400 rpm and has more to go. Again I’m running a verado 300 so not apples to apples. I will tell u this. U throw a bravo on and it’s light and day different boat. Not as fast top end but no more hunt feeling at low speeds.

My 2018 SHO powered Lynx also ran/handled the best overall with the 26 Bravo 1 XS

16. Member
    For the guys running the 25 Bravo XS on a Lynx with a 250 Mercury 4 Stroke...... what is you top speed and RPMs? Will the Bravo out perform the Fury 4 24 pitch?

I just tested a 24 pitch, Bravo 1 FS on my 2021 Lynx, 250 ProXS 4 stroke. Straight out of the box, all holes open/no plugs and she got 5875rpm and top speed of 71mph, full gas, full tournament load, 2 people, no water in livewells, 72 degree water temp in 70% humidity, 75 degree air temp. Just sent it to Mr. Gilbert for a little tweaking.
    My other prop is a 23 pitch Fury 3, tweaked by Mr. Gilbert and it does 6050rpm and 73mph under the same load conditions.
    I am not a speed freak, I am interested in overall performance and willing to give up a few mph as long as its not too drastic. My personal opinion ... is that my Bravo 1 FS delivers very good performance and it has not even been worked on yet. The boat has excellent lift and handles much better than the Fury 3. Some may argue or disagree ... don't really care. All I know is that I am excited to get the prop back from Mr. Gilbert and see what she delivers after his workmanship.

Hope that helps some
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    2021 Mercury ProXS 250hp 4S

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    I just tested a 24 pitch, Bravo 1 FS on my 2021 Lynx, 250 ProXS 4 stroke. Straight out of the box, all holes open/no plugs and she got 5875rpm and top speed of 71mph, full gas, full tournament load, 2 people, no water in livewells, 72 degree water temp in 70% humidity, 75 degree air temp. Just sent it to Mr. Gilbert for a little tweaking.
    My other prop is a 23 pitch Fury 3, tweaked by Mr. Gilbert and it does 6050rpm and 73mph under the same load conditions.
    I am not a speed freak, I am interested in overall performance and willing to give up a few mph as long as its not too drastic. My personal opinion ... is that my Bravo 1 FS delivers very good performance and it has not even been worked on yet. The boat has excellent lift and handles much better than the Fury 3. Some may argue or disagree ... don't really care. All I know is that I am excited to get the prop back from Mr. Gilbert and see what she delivers after his workmanship.

Hope that helps some
    I agree with you.... I like the feel of the 4 blades better. From 0 to 71 mph the 4 blade is much better performing prop. The boat feels completely light and free. The only speeds I like the 3 blade better are 71 -76 mph lol. I was hoping to squeeze a few more mphs out of the Bravo but it sounds like the Fury 4 performs the same. Let me know if Ronnie gets the Bravo closer to the 3 blade speeds.

19. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I ran a buddy of mine’s Lynx 300 4S combo and with a stock 25 Fury 3 hit 82.6 at 6050
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    I ran a buddy of mine’s Lynx 300 4S combo and with a stock 25 Fury 3 hit 82.6 at 6050
    That's 0% slip! Congrats!

My guess is, the calculator wasn't made for the Fury, or there's something about that prop that requires bumping up the pitch. At 26 that's 4%.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast