Thread: Lynx Props

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Surge if you decide to sell that prop I would be interested

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Rick, this is the answer.
    I ran the Bravo XS 26 pitch with the 2 holes plugged you mentioned and performance was much better. Hole shot was great. Top end was 73.5 mph. I think it's the winning set up. Thanks for the help.

3. Member
    I have run the Bravo 1XS in 26p and 27p now. Both were great of of the hole with two plugged and 6 open. Saturday I ran the 27 with a full load of fuel (62 gals) and livewells half full. It still was instant out of the hole. However, I'm still getting too many RPMs, so starting to look for a XS 28p. This is with a 250 G2 (I honestly don't know how they're geared compared to the mercs).

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxpress8567 View Post
    I have run the Bravo 1XS in 26p and 27p now. Both were great of of the hole with two plugged and 6 open. Saturday I ran the 27 with a full load of fuel (62 gals) and livewells half full. It still was instant out of the hole. However, I'm still getting too many RPMs, so starting to look for a XS 28p. This is with a 250 G2 (I honestly don't know how they're geared compared to the mercs).
    What rpm are you getting with the 27 Bravo? I am happy with my 26 Tempest when its running, but hole shot could be better.. it is turning 5900 with a full load and temps in the low 80s around here. How is your bow lift with the Bravo? Where are you keeping the trim with a full load with that prop?
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

5. Member
    I was seeing close to/right at 6100 with the 27 bravo. Quick (really quick) holeshot, and lifts much better with the bravo than with my 26p Raker. I was trimming to around 3/4 on the guage, and low (2.1) on the jack plate height. I don't have poles, and was fully loaded with fuel at 62 gals and med load of tackle with Ric and I around 450lbs total. Speed wasn't there with this prop (it was barely hitting 70 while my Raker will run my boat 76+).

Someone will prob laugh, but with water in the 83 degree range, I think a 28 bravo is likely right for me but has to be vented. I tried a lab finished 28 Bravo with no vent holes and it barely broke over for me. I got 5950ish rPMs out of that prop in this hot water, so winter I'd think it would be really close.

You may be the only other person I know with same boat and motor as I. Feel free to pm me and I'll give you my number if you want to discuss/compare notes.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxpress8567 View Post
    I was seeing close to/right at 6100 with the 27 bravo. Quick (really quick) holeshot, and lifts much better with the bravo than with my 26p Raker. I was trimming to around 3/4 on the guage, and low (2.1) on the jack plate height. I don't have poles, and was fully loaded with fuel at 62 gals and med load of tackle with Ric and I around 450lbs total. Speed wasn't there with this prop (it was barely hitting 70 while my Raker will run my boat 76+).

Someone will prob laugh, but with water in the 83 degree range, I think a 28 bravo is likely right for me but has to be vented. I tried a lab finished 28 Bravo with no vent holes and it barely broke over for me. I got 5950ish rPMs out of that prop in this hot water, so winter I'd think it would be really close.

You may be the only other person I know with same boat and motor as I. Feel free to pm me and I'll give you my number if you want to discuss/compare notes.
    I too am running the 26 Bravo with the 4 vent holes open. I keep going back and forth between it and the Bravo 27. The hole shot on the 26 if phenomenal and I have to come out of the throttle a bit at breakover to keep it from blowing out. I loose a bit of top end speed compared to the 27 but the boat lifts well and is very stable. I have ran a 28 as well. Decent holeshot but if you are loaded heavy you will not be happy. Almost too much prop.

For top speed, the Raker HO26 is hard to beat. 73-74 with poles and full fuel. But I think for an all around prop, the Bravo 26 is where its at.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567