Thread: Lynx Props

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    10-4 Thanks. I've always read and heard that the PVS vents only make a difference during hole shot because at higher speeds the exhaust won't flow through the PVS holes and cause slippage. With that in mind I was going to step up from a 25 XS to a 26 XS because it felt like the 25 ran out of legs to quickly. But RMG63 is getting really good results with a 24 FS so that makes me feel like I might see better numbers if I plug some or all of the vents on the XS. I do remember hearing or seeing someone say that the PVS vents affected the 4 strokes differently but I didn't take too much stock in it at the time.
    I know RMG63 is running a 24p, but not sure if he had it pitched up when he had it worked.

I would have to ask Ronnie if he pitched up any. I am unclear if he did that. I normally don't ask him many questions. It's like asking a magician to show you how to do his favorite tricks !! LOL :)
    Phil Addison introduced me to him awhile back and he is simply the best prop person I have ever dealt with, plus he is a nice man as well. He knows how to dial in props for BassCat boats that's for sure
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

3. Member
    Let me throw my 2 cents in here....

2021 lynx with a 250 merc

23 fury 3 blade completely stock

high 80s temp. 6 rods and about that many boxes
    left tank full right tank 1/8
    wet batteries

76.4 mph best run. I believe it will touch 79 when cooler
    I filled the live well 75 mph and change
    2022 Basscat Puma STS
    2022 Merc 300

2021 Basscat Lynx
    2021 Merc 250

2019 Basscat Caracal
    2019 Merc 225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Addison View Post
    79.3 yesterday with 250 4s stock fury 3 24 at 6000.
    Phil.... Plugs in or open on the Fury 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Surge489 View Post
    I'm currently running the 24 Fury 4 with exact same results as you are seeing...about 71mph at about 5700rpm. I'm going to send my fury 4 in and have it re-pitched to a 23 to get the rpms up. I have a 23 fury 3 as a backup but haven't ran enough to really dial it in or get good numbers on it, it's obviously quite a bit faster but no good data yet.
    Pitching down does not work out well ever, starting low and pitching works very well, A prop pitched down will never have the hole shot right. Bite the bullet and get the right pitch and have Ronnie rework it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Phil.... Plugs in or open on the Fury 3?
    Rick- Congrats saw your name on top at a Chesapeake Bay Tourney.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    Rick- Congrats saw your name on top at a Chesapeake Bay Tourney.
    Thanks... it was one of those magical days! Some performance data from yesterday..... I just received my Fury 3 24 pitch back from Ronnie. The boat was loaded up. A big co angler, 3/4 tank of gas and live wells full. I was just barely able to hit 70 mph at 5750 rpms.

8. Member
    Thanks... it was one of those magical days! Some performance data from yesterday..... I just received my Fury 3 24 pitch back from Ronnie. The boat was loaded up. A big co angler, 3/4 tank of gas and live wells full. I was just barely able to hit 70 mph at 5750 rpms.

sent you a pm

9. Member
    Bought a stock 25p tempest and spent a good amount of time on the water this weekend. With the jackplate at 2 and normal fishing load I ran 80.5 and 78.2 with two guys. That’s with about 40 gals of fuel and dual console out.
    Last edited by Stroker250xs; 07-05-2021 at 04:44 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    Bought a stock 25p tempest and spent a good amount of time on the water this weekend. With the jackplate at 2 and normal fishing load I ran 80.5 and 78.2 with two guys. That’s with about 40 gals of fuel and dual console out.
    Which year Lynx are you running?

11. Member
    Which year Lynx are you running?
    2019 with a 300 merc 4 st

Just got my hands on a 25 Bravo 1 XS. Looking forward to seeing what this one does right out of the box. I will post results as soon as I get a chance to run it. Like always here in East Texas in the summer, it is hot and very humid right now, so this prop may not get the same results as it might say in October or so. We shall see ....
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Just got my hands on a 25 Bravo 1 XS. Looking forward to seeing what this one does right out of the box. I will post results as soon as I get a chance to run it. Like always here in East Texas in the summer, it is hot and very humid right now, so this prop may not get the same results as it might say in October or so. We shall see ....
    Really looking forward to seeing how your Lynx reacts to the 25p. When I get home in September my plan is to really get some good data on the 26p Bravo 1 XS I've got. Keep us posted!

14. Member
    If a person was able to get a 25.5 Bravo 1 XS, would that be about ideal for a Lynx with Merc 250 4S?

15. Member
    '19 Merc 250 4S running a 24 Fury 3. Best I've seen is 76.6. Tournament load with two guys, full fuel and livewells full 71-72. I'd like to try 23 Fury for the summer to see how it does. Probably wouldn't hurt to take some gear out, you can put way to much stuff in the Lynx compared to my old Puma FTD. Not as fast as the Puma but I wouldn't trade back, love the Lynx!

16. Member
    All Fury’s 3s are very stiff and the new Merc torque master lower units are very efficient. This combined with the higher rev limit is what’s driving a lot of these new 4-stroke owners crazy, me being one of them!
    Last edited by Mikes250r; 07-16-2021 at 03:54 PM.

We continue to suggest a 23 Fury on the Lynx.

Have to ask this BCB ... forgive my ignorance for doing so, as I will assume you have.

For overall performance, have you tried any Bravo 1 prop on the Lynx ?? .. and if so, what were the numbers you showed on a 2020 Lynx hull or present hull configuration with a Mercury 250 Pro XS FS, hydraulic jack plate included in any Bravo pitch design ??

Fury 23" - 3blade is fast no doubt on this hull

Thank you :)
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

19. Member
    Finally was able to get my hands on a Bravo 1 XS 26P. Going to try and test it out this weekend. So far the Tempest 24P has been really good to me. Top speed of only 72MPH but leaps and bounds better handling and responsiveness over the Fury. I've also been running a Bravo 1 XS 25P which has done really well, but with a top speed of around 69MPH, the Tempest has been my prop of choice. Hoping the XS 26P gives me the handling qualities of the XS 25P with a speed around 72MPH and I'll be done with my prop search.

Also, on a side note I talked to a dealer a while back that knew of a Lynx that was sold with the Fury on it and the gentlemen who purchased it came back shortly after to get rid of it. Apparently he was having the same issues as me with the Fury and it had bitten into a wake and thrown his wife out. The guy was deathly afraid of the way it handled and I don't blame him. The Fury might be the best prop for speed but if you can't keep the nose from digging into wakes or you're not a Jedi with the trim and JP settings then I suggest swapping to a Tempest or Bravo. Maybe after running the boat a while and knowing exactly how to handle it with the Fury it might be the best prop, but coming out of a Pantera Classic and a Cougar FTD where trim and JP are not needed as much I am definitely not ready for the Fury/Lynx combo.

With that being said, the Lynx is an amazing boat. I love the ride and the space. Not 100% in love with the front box layout but I understand why it's laid out the way it is. If I were to choose a new BassCat without the new Puma STS in the lineup it would definitely be the Lynx.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    Finally was able to get my hands on a Bravo 1 XS 26P. Going to try and test it out this weekend. So far the Tempest 24P has been really good to me. Top speed of only 72MPH but leaps and bounds better handling and responsiveness over the Fury. I've also been running a Bravo 1 XS 25P which has done really well, but with a top speed of around 69MPH, the Tempest has been my prop of choice. Hoping the XS 26P gives me the handling qualities of the XS 25P with a speed around 72MPH and I'll be done with my prop search.

Also, on a side note I talked to a dealer a while back that knew of a Lynx that was sold with the Fury on it and the gentlemen who purchased it came back shortly after to get rid of it. Apparently he was having the same issues as me with the Fury and it had bitten into a wake and thrown his wife out. The guy was deathly afraid of the way it handled and I don't blame him. The Fury might be the best prop for speed but if you can't keep the nose from digging into wakes or you're not a Jedi with the trim and JP settings then I suggest swapping to a Tempest or Bravo. Maybe after running the boat a while and knowing exactly how to handle it with the Fury it might be the best prop, but coming out of a Pantera Classic and a Cougar FTD where trim and JP are not needed as much I am definitely not ready for the Fury/Lynx combo.

With that being said, the Lynx is an amazing boat. I love the ride and the space. Not 100% in love with the front box layout but I understand why it's laid out the way it is. If I were to choose a new BassCat without the new Puma STS in the lineup it would definitely be the Lynx.
    can’t wait to hear how the 26p Bravo 1 XS runs. I only got to run mine one time on my Lynx before I had to head back overseas.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast