Thread: Lynx Props

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    79.3 yesterday with 250 4s stock fury 3 24 at 6000.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Addison View Post

Ok Phil, please gimme the “special sauce” on your set up. I have a 2021 lynx coming with a 250 merc . Planning on lithium’s...and any other recommendations in order to obtain speed. I believe it’s coming with a 23 fury 3 blade. Pretty please.
    2022 Basscat Puma STS
    2022 Merc 300

2021 Basscat Lynx
    2021 Merc 250

2019 Basscat Caracal
    2019 Merc 225

3. Member
    That's the fastest I've heard yet from a Lynx with a 250. I run Lithium batteries, have a worked Fury 3 24, fish at sea level.......... I saw 76.5 once! I do carry a lot of rods and tackle though. I'm still curious about a worked 25 Bravo XS. I want a 4 blade that will get me to 73mph

4. Member
    I don’t know. Luck? Wet cell batteries with 360 on front. 2021 models are different than previous models as most know. One won’t ever get there running 4 bladed props.

5. Member
    I don’t know. Luck? Wet cell batteries with 360 on front. 2021 models are different than previous models as most know. One won’t ever get there running 4 bladed props.
    Phil... I'm sure the tweaked hull has a lot to do with it. Mine is a 2019.... love the boat. I'll be looking for another boat in a few years. It will take a special boat to get me to switch from the Lynx.

6. Member
    I'm struggling with my 2019 Lynx running a Sea Star hydraulic jack plate (1-10 height marks) and non-worked 24 Fury 3. Hole shots are good with the jack plate raised up at 4. I immediately lower the JP to about 2 and start bumping the trim up. As soon as the bow breaks over my nose control is great but between 25 to 50ish MPH I can't seem to keep the nose from plowing. I tried to cross some wakes running around 45MPH and it bit so hard I thought it was going to throw me out. Once I'm past the 50-55MPH mark it seems to free up and run better. I would consider my tackle load to be medium in the front (15 rods, 10-15 Planos distributed between all boxes) and soft plastics in the back compartments. 1/2 to 3/4 full of gas.

Right now, I would consider my Lynx not nearly as good as my 2016 Cougar in rough water, but I'm sure I just haven't figured it out based on what other people say about the Lynx.

Would a different prop help keep the nose up in the mid range?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    I'm struggling with my 2019 Lynx running a Sea Star hydraulic jack plate (1-10 height marks) and non-worked 24 Fury 3. Hole shots are good with the jack plate raised up at 4. I immediately lower the JP to about 2 and start bumping the trim up. As soon as the bow breaks over my nose control is great but between 25 to 50ish MPH I can't seem to keep the nose from plowing. I tried to cross some wakes running around 45MPH and it bit so hard I thought it was going to throw me out. Once I'm past the 50-55MPH mark it seems to free up and run better. I would consider my tackle load to be medium in the front (15 rods, 10-15 Planos distributed between all boxes) and soft plastics in the back compartments. 1/2 to 3/4 full of gas.

Right now, I would consider my Lynx not nearly as good as my 2016 Cougar in rough water, but I'm sure I just haven't figured it out based on what other people say about the Lynx.

Would a different prop help keep the nose up in the mid range?
    Josh, drop the plate all the way down once the bow breaks over for low speed handling. Send your Fury 3 to Ronnie Gilbert, he can work it for the Lynx, try a Bravo 1 XS as well, it will cure the handling issues too. The hull never really jumps up until you get to 45/50, but the plate and prop recommendations will take care of the nose wanting to follow the crosswakes. I had a 2018 and went through this as well, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Josh, drop the plate all the way down once the bow breaks over for low speed handling. Send your Fury 3 to Ronnie Gilbert, he can work it for the Lynx, try a Bravo 1 XS as well, it will cure the handling issues too. The hull never really jumps up until you get to 45/50, but the plate and prop recommendations will take care of the nose wanting to follow the crosswakes. I had a 2018 and went through this as well, there's light at the end of the tunnel!
    Thanks Mike, I'm looking for a spare prop now so that I can send my Fury to Ronnie. What pitch on the Bravo 1 XS? Also, I've been looking at the Tempest 24 Plus as mentioned on other posts. What is the difference between those two?

I really appreciate the positivity, I'm only a few trips in on the new boat, but I've never been scared to run a boat like I am the Lynx. It only took one trip with my Cougar and I felt like I had total control.

Josh, I ran a 26 Bravo 1XS, but that was on a SHO, if your rpms are where you want them with the 24 Fury, the 26 Bravo would work, they will be about equal in rpms. I ran a 24 tempest as well, the midrange seemed less than the Fury for me, but it did handle better. The low speed crosswake issue was the only thing challenging in the Lynx, I went to the Bravo and 3 Ionic 50AH lithium trolling motor batteries and it made a world of difference. You have to be more aggressive with the trim than you needed on your Cougar.
    Last edited by mike464; 05-14-2021 at 12:52 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Josh, I ran a 26 Bravo 1XS, but that was on a SHO, if your rpms are where you want them with the 24 Fury, the 26 Bravo would work, they will be about equal in rpms. I ran a 24 tempest as well, the midrange seemed less than the Fury for me, but it did handle better. The low speed crosswake issue was the only thing challenging in the Lynx, I went to the Bravo and 3 Ionic 50AH lithium trolling motor batteries and it made a world of difference. You have to be more aggressive with the trim than you needed on your Cougar.
    Thanks for the info Mike! Wish I would have done a little more research before I purchased the Lynx so I could have budgeted in extra money for props and lithium batteries. I didn't know anyone who had a Lynx to test drive, so me purchasing one was a gamble on if I would like it. So far it's the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be. I love the way it fishes and hate the way it drives . I'm going to try the Tempest first since I know where one is locally and if it doesn't pan out I'll sell it and try to find a Bravo. Appreciate the help.

11. Member
    Ive got a Lynx and am needing to by a second prop. Currently running a 24p Fury 3. What pitch should I go with on the Bravo 1 XS and does anyone know where I could get one? Thanks.
    Last edited by RTRCraft; 05-15-2021 at 12:42 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRCraft View Post
    Ive got a Lynx and am needing to by a second prop. Currently running a 24p Fury 3. What pitch should I go with on the Bravo 1 XS and does anyone know where I could get one? Thanks.
    I'm wondering about the pitch of a Bravo also. I think the 25 pitch is most likely correct.

13. Member
    Thanks for the info Mike! Wish I would have done a little more research before I purchased the Lynx so I could have budgeted in extra money for props and lithium batteries. I didn't know anyone who had a Lynx to test drive, so me purchasing one was a gamble on if I would like it. So far it's the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be. I love the way it fishes and hate the way it drives . I'm going to try the Tempest first since I know where one is locally and if it doesn't pan out I'll sell it and try to find a Bravo. Appreciate the help.
    While the Lithium batteries are nice, I'm not sure they help the overall performance. I suspect they make the Lynx run flatter which may even exacerbate the problem you're having. It took me a while to set my Lynx up properly and I also had the same troubles you're experiencing. The solution is a worked prop and aggressive trim at mid range. A four blade really lifts the boat and changes the ride completely. The four blade requires the least amount of driver input. The downside is you're topped out at 71 mph. A worked 23 Fury 3 would most likely be the best 3 blade. I tried the Tempest and didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    While the Lithium batteries are nice, I'm not sure they help the overall performance. I suspect they make the Lynx run flatter which may even exacerbate the problem you're having. It took me a while to set my Lynx up properly and I also had the same troubles you're experiencing. The solution is a worked prop and aggressive trim at mid range. A four blade really lifts the boat and changes the ride completely. The four blade requires the least amount of driver input. The downside is you're topped out at 71 mph. A worked 23 Fury 3 would most likely be the best 3 blade. I tried the Tempest and didn't like it.
    Rick, mine ran 73 with the Bravo 1 XS at 1000 feet elevation, 2 guys and full tanks of gas, my main reason to go with the lithiums was for the holeshot in big water out west. I promise you they didn't make the handling worse or slow the boat down.

15. Member
    I tested out a Bravo 1 XS 25P this weekend and wow what a difference. With a non-worked 24 Fury 3 I never felt like I had full control of the boat and frankly I was scared to push the boat to it's limit. With the Bravo it was a totally different story. The boat improved dramatically in every area except hole shot and top speed. It felt really good to drive the boat and not have to work extremely hard to keep the nose from plowing. On the hole shot I felt that the prop was slipping too much and never really bit hard. On the top end it got to 70 really fast but never went past 71. I'm wondering if I were to plug or partially plug 4 of the 8 holes on the XS if that will help the slip and improve the hole shot. It's my understanding that they make an FS model of the Bravo which is essentially the same as the XS but with 4 PVS holes instead of 8, does anyone know if there are any other differences? I do plan on getting my Fury worked by Ronnie and I have a Tempest Plus 24P on the way to try as well, but for now the Bravo 1 XS 25P has made me feel much better about purchasing the Lynx.

16. Member
    Absolutely plug some holes. That's what they are for. And they make the plugs with small, medium, and large holes, and solid plugs. And they are cheap. Tuned right, nothing beats a Bravo's holeshot.
    I've been following for over a year as my next boat may be a lynx. From the bow problems I see it looks like more setback would help, but might exceed what Basscat allows.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Absolutely plug some holes. That's what they are for. And they make the plugs with small, medium, and large holes, and solid plugs. And they are cheap. Tuned right, nothing beats a Bravo's holeshot.
    I've been following for over a year as my next boat may be a lynx. From the bow problems I see it looks like more setback would help, but might exceed what Basscat allows.
    10-4, I know someone who has a pretty good stock of plugs so I may try some different configs this weekend. Judging by other posts, it seems that maybe the 2021 hull revision may have fixed some of the issues. Seeing that Phil can get his to go 79MPH with a stock 24 Fury 3 definitely makes me think that the "minor" change wasn't so minor.

18. Member
    I tested out a Bravo 1 XS 25P this weekend and wow what a difference. With a non-worked 24 Fury 3 I never felt like I had full control of the boat and frankly I was scared to push the boat to it's limit. With the Bravo it was a totally different story. The boat improved dramatically in every area except hole shot and top speed. It felt really good to drive the boat and not have to work extremely hard to keep the nose from plowing. On the hole shot I felt that the prop was slipping too much and never really bit hard. On the top end it got to 70 really fast but never went past 71. I'm wondering if I were to plug or partially plug 4 of the 8 holes on the XS if that will help the slip and improve the hole shot. It's my understanding that they make an FS model of the Bravo which is essentially the same as the XS but with 4 PVS holes instead of 8, does anyone know if there are any other differences? I do plan on getting my Fury worked by Ronnie and I have a Tempest Plus 24P on the way to try as well, but for now the Bravo 1 XS 25P has made me feel much better about purchasing the Lynx.
    I would start with at least 4 solid plugs and maybe even 6. What kind of rpm at WOT?

19. Member
    I once went from not being able to plane, at all, to fantastic hole shot with just two solid plugs. Trophy large barrel.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    I would start with at least 4 solid plugs and maybe even 6. What kind of rpm at WOT?
    Thanks for the suggestion. It was running 71MPH at 6300RPM give or take. It would get to 70-71 pretty quick but then it ran out of legs so I didn't want to keep pushing it because it felt like the extra RPMs weren't producing any more MPH.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast