Thread: Spraying

Spraying

The water on the Harris chain looks like green tea. Saw a trailer at the boat ramp that had grass control stickers on it and the truck but did not see on the water.

2. Member
    Went to Griffin for the first time in 2 months, I definitely saw some dead vegetation. The water quality was also about the worst I've seen it in 2 years.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Yes but all the spraying has nothing to do with that! OR does it??

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Yes but all the spraying has nothing to do with that! OR does it??
    From what I have seen first hand over the last 35 years bass fishing down here is when they spray and kill nature's water filter the water quality in that body of water goes to shit. Not to mention that dying/decaying vegetation turns to sediment and muck which covers the sandy bottom. I literally lowered my spinner bait into the water on an area in Griffin and could not see it after 4 inches down....sad... The entire lake is not that bad, but some areas that used to be clear and loaded with multiple types of grasses are ruined. I also saw large patches of eel grass floating, another sign of mucky bottom where the grass roots have nothing to secure too.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 04-29-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    Seems like they spray hard after all the pros are gone, EVERY year.

The fishery took a big hit in the early 90’s .
    I just wonder between all the development run off and all the chemicals they spray. How much can the chain take? And how many times can it make a comeback after being nuked???

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Seems like they spray hard after all the pros are gone, EVERY year.

The fishery took a big hit in the early 90’s .
    I just wonder between all the development run off and all the chemicals they spray. How much can the chain take? And how many times can it make a comeback after being nuked???
    Probably not much longer. I remember a couple years ago I could see the bottom in 7-8ft of water along the Yalaha side and a point near Venetians. That was around the BassMasters I believe. A lot of good fish on chatterbaits in the offhosre hydrilla. Then weeks after the event, they nuked the **** out of the hydrilla and killed every lilly pad in Little Lake. Has not been clear like that since.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

7. Member
    At Lake George they are replanting eel grass this month. Seems like they spray and kill everything and then spend millions to replant it and blame all the loss on hurricanes. Damn vicious cycle of ignorance if you ask me.....

8. Member
    GREAT! and right before I take my annual two weeks pilgrimage down there.

You guys are dead on about them getting smarter with the PR. There's definitely been a pattern of NOT spraying before a major tournament and then going scorched Earth after. They don't want the anglers getting on stage and slamming FWC.

I hate these threads.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

What I hate is every time a Fl lake is on tournament media whether Steaming or TV coverage later the hosts always say the grass is gone due to Irma... I mean sure Irma definitely churned us up, but that was 4 years ago. Talk about the freaking spraying that's why the grass ain't back. But they won't do it.

I want to say their was a gag order on one tournament a few years ago? Pro's were asked (or told) not to talk about spraying... wonder if that is still in effect.

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    What I hate is every time a Fl lake is on tournament media whether Steaming or TV coverage later the hosts always say the grass is gone due to Irma... I mean sure Irma definitely churned us up, but that was 4 years ago. Talk about the freaking spraying that's why the grass ain't back. But they won't do it.

I want to say their was a gag order on one tournament a few years ago? Pro's were asked (or told) not to talk about spraying... wonder if that is still in effect.
    Hardly anyone talks about the poison spray, really.. Even the ones writing about the discharge from Big O and on the coasts. They'll bring up run off and excess nutrients but never a word about FWC and their nuclear war on weeds. It's like they don't know, don't care or don't believe it even factors in?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Hardly anyone talks about the poison spray, really.. Even the ones writing about the discharge from Big O and on the coasts. They'll bring up run off and excess nutrients but never a word about FWC and their nuclear war on weeds. It's like they don't know, don't care or don't believe it even factors in?
    Brian Mast mentioned it the other day on TV and I about crapped myself.