This old motor, looking for help again

Serial #0a137330 1985 Mariner 2.4 175 hp
    Well I made it a little while before new issues. Rebuilt power head, carbs, new trigger, stater, rectifier a few months ago. Took it out the other day and when I went to restart I had no crank or alarm beep check when turning key. Battery and it's connections are good. I did notice when I had my head under the console I could barely hear the alarm beeping at times when I turned the key, like it was getting low voltage. After awhile everything started to work again. I suspect the original ignition switch is failing, have noticed it is getting harder to turn. This is in a 1987 Champion 184 where the switch is separate under the shift assembly. Thinking I am going to replace switch and would like to get opinions from you guys please!.

2. Member
    and check connon plug connection and fuse holder on engine under cowl for good clean connection
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Hi Joe, are you talking about the big harness connector (8 pin) under cowl and the big fuse with red wire?. Thanks again !

4. Member
    yes sir
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    You are right again Joe, cannon plug had very loose pins. I tightened these using a procedure Don posted previously in another post by using a razor knife to expand pins to fit tighter. Also had a stater relay fail in the mean time causing engine to continue to crank when turning the key off, replaced relay and have no problems with it now. Now that the warm weather is back my hard start/bog on take off is back after shutting down and fishing for a while. Going to chalk it up as fuel vaporizing and eventually going to try the relocation of primer bulb into bilge area that Leon Pugh recommends. Thanks again for all the help I have received from you and others on this forum.

6. Member