Garmin Livescope on 7" Screen

Just wondering if anyone runs this with a 7" screen. I was thinking of mounting upfront with ram mount extension. Thanks.

2. Member
    I can let you know in a few days. I just purchased a 93 sv which I'm going to use for down and side view and then I'm going to run just livescope on the 73 sv I have. Should have it installed by Friday and will try it out this weekend.

3. Member
    Ok thanks for letting me know.

4. Member
    I run my current LS on a 93 (thanks to the $599 deal), but for previous two years I ran my then PS22-tr on a chirp 73cv model. Wasn't that bad, better than having nothing, I can tell ya that.

5. Member
    I got my 93 and got it mounted along with the 73. I turned them both on to make sure they were going to work (which they both did). Haven't had it on the water yet but I think it's going to work fine running LS off the 73 and then using the 93 for down and side view. I'll let you know more after Sunday.
    IMG-1189.jpg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackl View Post
    Just wondering if anyone runs this with a 7" screen. I was thinking of mounting upfront with ram mount extension. Thanks.
    I've never recommended using LiveScope on a 7" screen but that requires some clarification. I like my range on the LVS Forward set to 70ft, more on a 12" screen. This has to do with the scale of what you are showing relative to how much screen space you give it. If you set the scale on a 7" screen to 50 ft, the picture will be just as good as 70ft on a 9" screen.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    I run it on a 73cv but that is because I already had the 73 for ice fishing...Like stated above it gets hard to go out far in the range and see well, also have to manually set depth range because auto will usually leave you with 1/4 bottom of screen wasted.

I mainly use 360 to find and LS to pick out fish on it or for suspended fish. Plan on upping that to at least a 9" at some point
    Fish have fins, they swim

8. Member
    ok thanks for the replies.

9. Member
    Went fishing for the first time with the 93 running down & side scan and the 73 just Panoptix. Worked fine for me. Yes bigger would probably be better but $'s play into the equation.