Thread: Adventure Bikes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    It took me a long time after starting this thread. 2022 Yamaha Super Tenere ES.

IMG_1216.JPEG

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post

IMG_1216.JPEG
    Sure did! But the wait is over. Enjoy!
    Ive always thought road was more dangerous but just had yet another leg surgery from dirt bike yesterday
    Might have to reconsider!
    One of my riding buddies is currently on trip to Colorado with his tenere.
    I saw it packed and geared up before he left. Damn nice
    He shipped the bike out there and is gonna camp / ride for 2 weeks

3. Member
    I do a week long Bike trip with six other guy's. We fly somewhere and rent Bikes for the week and take off. Lately we have been renting
    the BMW GS1200's and did Alaska and Denver to Glacier. They are very nice bikes with the exception of being a little tall and having
    hard seats and they need an option for a bigger windshield. Other than that we love them and are going to Portland and riding down to
    California to see the Big Tree's next month. We have 3 GS1200 and 4 GS850's rented for the week. I currently own 12 different motorcycles
    that are all different.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    I do a week long Bike trip with six other guy's. We fly somewhere and rent Bikes for the week and take off. Lately we have been renting
    the BMW GS1200's and did Alaska and Denver to Glacier. They are very nice bikes with the exception of being a little tall and having
    hard seats and they need an option for a bigger windshield. Other than that we love them and are going to Portland and riding down to
    California to see the Big Tree's next month. We have 3 GS1200 and 4 GS850's rented for the week. I currently own 12 different motorcycles
    that are all different.
    Sounds like the way to do it honestly. I'm setting this bike up for some trips like that. My brother in law is taking his GS from Oregon to Alaska next year but I don't know if I will be ready for that trip. I will at least ride from here, Louisiana, to Oregon and back this fall. I went with the Super Tenere purely because they are easy to work on and Yamaha is kind of the Toyota of motorcycles. It is also is shaft drive. Change the differential oil every other oil change and it is good to go. Cases installed and engine guard. Have a taller screen. Looking at better tires, GPS, Skid plate, dry bags, camping gear and on and on.

IMG_1248.JPEG
    Last edited by Ship; 08-17-2023 at 07:56 PM.

5. Member
    I ride a 2021 bmw gsa 1250r boxer motor very comfortable and plenty of torque, liquid cooled and such a nice bike I've rode harley for 30 years now im on a bmw. I loved all my harleys but change with age and this is my second bmw my first was a k1600b super fast bike but now I enjoy dual sport adventure much more.

6. Member
    The only reason I did not consider a BMW is that there is no dealer anywhere near me. I know they are nice though for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post

IMG_1216.JPEG
    Congrats on the bike!

8. Member
    If you want to try out a Triumph and hang out with a MX Champion for a few days Jeff Stanton is doing Adventure rides in Michigan...I haven't had a chance to ride with him yet but I have been on most of the trails he rides and they are pretty nice...He also does riding classes with some local pros helping out...He had Ricky Carmichael up a few weeks ago...RC is also a Triumph guy..The Level 1 experience is a pretty good deal for beginners..
    https://jeffstantonadventures.com/
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 10-16-2023 at 06:01 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

9. Member
    I have the old tried and true Kawasaki KLR 650
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

20240413_153126.jpg
    20240413_153136.jpg
    I just picked this one up for some on/off road fun last Saturday. 2023 Husqvarna 701 enduro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12