Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I got a couple for my weights and swim bait weighted heads. All previous boxes broke. Not any problems with the bass mafia for 3 to 4 yrs. I recommend them.

2. Banned
    I can buy many boxes of other brands for what 1 mafia cost. Rarely have an issue with what I use, plano mostly, if I do, I just get another one. I fish some part of most every single day from early March til mid August. My equipment gets used, a bunch. If it stands up to that use, why do I need to spend a fortune on a box, that IMO, is not well made, doesn't hold enough lures and I have opened and closed brand new ones in the store and the latch system has much room for improvement. Just don't like how they don't open and close easily and close solidly. That is what I have determined when I looked at them.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    as always thanks for the kind words. Latches have been changed and are now nylon filled, just an FYI.
    Do they stay closed? Do the gaskets stay put now? Has the divider fit and finish improved? I'd have no qualms trying one again as they are near impossible to beat for Terminal Tackle, assuming they hold up. I cant stomach the $30 adventure to try again when I already spent and lost a few hundred to boxes that just didnt last.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

4. Member
    My .02. I used the coffin for terminal tackle. If you don't carry a TON of terminal tackle (IE 1 pack worth of each size of hooks, just a few of different weight sizes), it works well. Not perfect, I've had to dig out finesse hooks from the wrong compartments, but it was decent. I ditched that for a Plano Edge terminal box. Nothing against the Bass Mafia, just with it loaded up with hooks, weights, etc. it got HEAVY, and like others said, the lid doesn't lay flat. The Plano box, with the inserts, you can just open it up, pull out the hook box and the weight box, throw them in your pocket if you're breaking off a lot.

I do use the blade coffin for spinnerbaits. So far it's the best spinnerbait solution I have used. Only thing I wish they would do, is make a blade coffin that is half the size. I'd like to keep special spinnerbaits (like big 3/4-1oz spinnerbaits, or single colorado blade, etc.) in a separate box because I don't use them much.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Do they make a box to store umbrella rigs? If so, what is the model name and number?
    I've been looking at the plano 370800 box for $10 that holds 4 rigs.

All of mine are Bass Mafia and i love them. i also have the Double Barrell for my Jerkbaits as well as the Money Bags for my soft plastics.
    i like them all. they are high but i have had great luck with them.

I have looked at them, I passed due to how much they weigh...

8. Member
    I like mine. Sure they are to expensive, and unnecessarily built like a tank, but they should last forever. I really like some of the different boxes like the double barrel, and the blade coffin. Double barrel is my favorite for topwater and jerkbaits.

9. Member
    Well, after having a couple for a couple weeks now... I wouldn’t abs won’t be purchasing any more...

they are nice, solid, well built... they are heavy, not a deal breaker... if you move/carry boxes often, they’re slippery and hard to carry a stack of them... I don’t like that the lids don’t fully open but I see how to modify to correct that, just haven’t done it yet..

overall, I’m ok with them, just won’t be getting any more..

10. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I love the jerk bait box by BM .
    Agreed! I have two of them and store 2 baits in each tube. They come out and go in without a tangled mess. Love them!

I also have the BM terminal tackle box. They were the only ones I feel fitted my needs. I use Plano boxes for all my hard baits.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Bought one of their terminal boxes and promptly ripped it apart to fit what I like in it. It’s held up to my abuse.

12. Member
    If you are hard on your boxes , they are definitely worth it.

My favorite box is their deep cranking box. Also really like the deep box. I hang rattle baits and squarebills instead of laying them flat and they stay in place. Bass mafia really thought their boxes out very well.

13. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Which one is the Deep Cranking box?

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Which one is the Deep Cranking box?
    https://mafiaoutdoors.com/products/deep-cranking-coffin

15. Member
    they're Chinese made so if you're alright with that go for it, but I prefer to buy American when possible
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by SWbass View Post
    they're Chinese made so if you're alright with that go for it, but I prefer to buy American when possible
    I would love to make them here.....I have tried....just not feasible

Quote Originally Posted by SWbass View Post
    What computer/phone/tv do you use?

People who use that line are such dorks.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

18. Member
    Honestly love them and think there awesome product. Dropped one on my parents concrete floor and only broke a small piece off. I wasn’t really impressed with Plano’s the last time. Will also use BM for my deep cranks and terminal stuff do t usually put plastics in boxes any more

I have about 30 caskets/coffins and a couple deep crankbait boxes. I obviously like them :). Spendy sure, but I typically try to buy on holiday sales and such to lessen the impact. Most of my caskets are the original clear with black writing, but my last two boxes bought were the newer clear/red writing, which I like even more. Better latches, pre-cut dividers, and one more available "slot" over the original version. Maybe not enough to replace 30 boxes, but they are nicer than the originals. Customer support has been top-notch (needed some replacement dividers for a deep coffin a while back - BM sent some out to me no charge).

20. Member
    I got a couple I’ve had for about 4-5 years. They look and work as good as the day I bought them. They are built like a tank and should last as long as as you need them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast