Thread: St Croix Blanks

St Croix Blanks

Looking for an older blank SCIII 6'6" LIGHT fast 4-8 lb

OR
    Something very similar, with a wee bit more power

Thanks

2. Member
    I don’t personally know of any companies that sell SC3 blanks. St Croix stopped selling blanks to rod builders about 2 years ago. However you can get SCV from RodGeeks.com..

also the Rod Geeks C4/B4 are rebadged SCIV blanks (same materials, design, mandrills, factory etc) as SCIV. The Rod Geeks C2/B2 are rebadged SCII blanks.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Thanks
    Rod Geeks are pricey

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Thanks
    Rod Geeks are pricey
    The SCV blanks are very pricey.. way out of my budget that’s for sure.

the C4/B4 blanks by RodGeeks would set you back $90 and the C2/B2 blanks are around $45.. if you want color though it’s another $15. They would be the closest you could get to a St Croix branded blank since they’re made in the same factory though
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Ah, the blank you're asking for was $90 back in 2014. Sounds like a deal to me.

6. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    Yea, I have some Park Falls blanks in my stash. They will go for nothing less than full retail if someone wants one.

Rodgeeks blanks are OK, but they don't seem as crisp as a similar model Croix. They may be made of the same graphite, but there is definitely a difference in the blank.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    Yea, I have some Park Falls blanks in my stash. They will go for nothing less than full retail if someone wants one.

Rodgeeks blanks are OK, but they don't seem as crisp as a similar model Croix. They may be made of the same graphite, but there is definitely a difference in the blank.
    I've found that the unpainted C2 and C4's are closer to the SCII and SCIV blanks than the B2's and B4's at least in the MH and H powers. The B2's and B4's aren't the same material per Bob Penicka. I don't think he's there any more but the B series was designed/formulated to be more durable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    SCIII was $48 to my door. I was actually able to build 2 rods for the price of ONE St. Croix Avid retail, no skimp on guides and got the grips/handles I like.

9. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    SCIII was $48 to my door. I was actually able to build 2 rods for the price of ONE St. Croix Avid retail, no skimp on guides and got the grips/handles I like.
    If you were getting prices like that on Croix, then you were a wholesale customer. Rodgeeks offers wholesale accounts, just apply.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    If you were getting prices like that on Croix, then you were a wholesale customer. Rodgeeks offers wholesale accounts, just apply.
    it was Angler's worksop