Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    If you take the calipers off you should be able to get the two pin bolts out of the caliper, check and make sure they can slide free in the holes in the caliper and the piston should be able to be pushed in. If either are frozen its caliper time. Also when you put it back together, put loctite in the holes in the backing plate where the pins thread in.

As far as how much fluid. Get a quart and bleed it until the air is gone. There is no set number since each model of trailer will be different.
    Thanks jb. Are you talking about the 2 pin bolts that hold the caliper in place when mounted on the rotor?
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

2. Member
    Just a quick update. I recieved the actuator kit, to attach to the existing hitch. The old actuator was a pain to take apart, probably because it hadn't been touched in years but fortunately I have a mechanic friend who was willing to help, as this project took much longer, and was more difficult than I anticipated.

He wanted to try to get the original actuator working but after some quick investigating we found the seals were gone on it, so we had to install the new one.
    Installation of the actuator was straightforward once it was back in one piece. But, when we tried bleeding the brakes the right side wouldn't bleed through the valve. I ended up having to take off the bleeder valves, clean em out, then re-install to get fluid to come out properly.
    Finally got them bled, jacked up the trailer to test if the brakes were working and the left side would spin with the brake applied. Turned out the caliper push pins were seized. After a lot of sweat and some anti-seize, they finally came out and we were able to service the caliper. Once that was done and re-installed we tested again and everything worked! I'm definitely thankful that it did work because we finished right when it went dark outside.
    I'm amazed at how much better the ride is with brakes on a trailer. The difference was night and day for me. My last boat was an 89 Ranger with no brakes so this was a big deal for me.
    Thanks to everyone for there comments on this thread.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

3. Member

Actuator Manual

Do you already have this manual for A-60/A-70 Actuators?
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12