Thread: Wondering?

Wondering?

Does anyone remember the old Ted Williams outboard motor ( I think 3hp. ) any idea of what it mite be worth if anything ? Made in the early 60s or so. Sold in Sear's stores.

2. Member
    Sears sold a TON of Ted Williams branded equipment back in the day. Shotguns, boat motors, jon boats, rods, reels, camping equipment, etc.

Haven't looked at Ted stuff on Ebay for a few years, but most of what was there was pretty cheap. I'd guess very few younger people today fully understand how big and well respected the Sears company was at one time.

I'd look on Ebay past sold history to see if any boat motors pop up, but I'd be surprised if it's worth much more than $100-$200.

3. Southern BAMA Bassin
    looks like you can buy motors of many HP for little or nothing.

4. Member
    We had a Sears Ted Williams outboard 7.5 hp. When I was young. Took it for use on rental boats. Never quit on us. My father bought EVERYTHING from sears!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Does anyone remember the old Ted Williams outboard motor ( I think 3hp. ) any idea of what it mite be worth if anything ? Made in the early 60s or so. Sold in Sear's stores.
    was that the one that was a vertical shaft lawmnower style motor under the cowl?