Thread: 195 owners

195 owners

Has anyone got a f195 and wished they went bigger?
    I dont fish big tournaments anymore, mostly fish smaller lakes. Not really concerned with top speed at this point in my life. I just want a good boat that can handle some chop and get better mileage. If i could run mid to upper 60s with the 175 proxs, id be happy with that.

2. Member
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Everyone's case is different. I fish a variety of waters. The best answer I can give you is that if there was a situation that my 195 couldn't handle I wouldn't want to be out there with a 20 or 21 footer anyway, if you catch my drift. I've been on Lake Gaston where it can get dicey depending on wind direction. Same thing on the Albermarle sound, where it can get REALLY bad. Whenever I got in a bad situation, I never thought "man, one or two extra feet would really fix things". IMO, a 20 or 21 footer isn't going to "let" you fish water you couldn't before. The reason why people go bigger is more fishing stability, a more comfortable ride, space if fishing with partners etc. And a lot of it depends on driver skill. I run chop no issue and I've had friends comment how smooth the ride felt. Whether it was the boat or my driving, who knows. I BELIEVE the F195 is "average" in terms of handling/comfort. In that, if you're a good driver it will ride great, if not, it could get a little rough. It's not as forgiving like a Champion or a big Ranger, but at the same time it's not gonna want to beat you up.

As far as speed you have nothing to worry about. It's a fast 19 footer. You will easily get high 60s, and most likely touch the 70s. That's with a 200. With a 175 I'm not sure how fast it will go, I would call Falcon for that. They are very helpful. Mention Opie, the head builder, he'll know everything you want to know. I do remember reading a 150 on a F195 will get around 60. So you might be able to extrapolate some numbers.

Thanks for the feedback! I consider myself a fair weather fisherman of sorts anymore, if its too nasty, i just dont go. I also consider myself a better than average driver, having been driving all kinds of different boats my whole life. The more i research, the more i like the 195.
    Any idea what the cost difference is between the 175 and the 200?

I sent the factory a message about the 175 proxs on a f195. I will report back what i hear

5. Member
    Just ordered my F195 and took a factory tour. Was a little worried about size until I saw an actual 195 sitting on the factory floor. More room than 2 anglers will need up front and looks very stable. Glad I went with a decked out (checked all but one option) 195 instead of a middle of the road or stripped down larger model. They are all very nice and don't see how you could go wrong. As for speed I have read numbers all the way up to 74.8 with a 200 but those are "internet" speeds. If you call the factory and ask they would give you a realistic answer for sure.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

Thanks for the info! The factory got back to me and said they have not sold a 195 with the 175 yet, most every one has had a 200

7. Member
    I purchased my 195 last October. Prior to that i had a 295PE Stratos (19' 5") for 17 years. I love everything about my Falcon. The ONLY negative i have about the boat is the rod lockers. The boat comes equipped with rod tubes for the rods to slide into, and a rack system for the rod butts to rest in. It would only hold a handful of rods and rod socks were an absolute must. So i wound up removing the tubes/rack system so i could carry more rods ( about 15). Unfortunately, the carpeted portion of the rod locker didn't carry forward far enough, so my rod tips would scrape bare fiberglass. I had to climb into the rod locker and clean the fiberglass and glue down additional carpet. So that my rods dont scrape.
    2021 Falcon F195 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Atlas hydraulic jack plate. Helix 9 MSI, Helix 7 MDI Tandem axle trailer.

8. Member
    I agree with what everyone else has said here. The 195 has plenty of space for two anglers. Deck width up front is better than average, though not as wide as a Ranger 519 or a Nitro z19. I never felt like I needed more space up front. The rear has good space too, it's well balanced. I also took out the rod tubes, they were weirdly arranged. I agree that they should've carpeted the rod lockers farther up front but I keep all my rods in rod sleeves anyways and it's a non issue for me. I love the massive center storage.

Some quibbles because I know on forums we tend to get carried away on the good things:

- Aforementioned carpeted rod lockers. If you use rod sleeves it really doesn't harm anything, just looks, but it can be counted as a con
    - The day box lid on mine doesn't stay open. I wish they put a strut on it or let it tip past vertical. It gets annoying keeping one hand on the lid while fishing through my plastics
    - day box could be a little bigger
    - The cooler I heard is not water tight, so if it rains warm, it can melt ice quick. I never had this issue but it's been mentioned
    - Wish they put a cup holder and plier holders at the trolling motor recess

The pros obviously outweigh the cons. In my opinion the above are minor quibbles, every boat has them. My favorite "low key" feature? The drain system on the boat. Someone mentioned that every drain hole in the boat is actually plumbed to lead to the bilge. Many boats just have holes that drain water into the hull or sub floor and that water washes back to the bilge. Falcon actually has hoses that makes sure the water doesn't touch the subfloor. I couldn't quite believe it, but if you take out your rod tubes and peek toward the inside you'll see hoses connected to drain holes (these holes are on the deck between compartments to make sure water doesn't sit between the lids).
    Last edited by th365thli; 04-29-2021 at 10:59 AM.

9. Member
    th365thli Have you posted your performance numbers now that you switched over to the Merc from the Zuk?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblitzz View Post
    th365thli Have you posted your performance numbers now that you switched over to the Merc from the Zuk?
    Nope, I'm still waiting for my mercury motor. I ordered it early March and it's still not here. They are citing insane demand and covid related production issues. Guy told me he thinks Johnny Morris (White River) is getting priority for their boats. Really frustrating.

11. Member
    Anyone know how long a rod will fit in this 195 locker?