Active Target Install Question!

In the middle of installing right now so input welcome.

I am aware of the importance of clean power to units so running direct for each unit.

My question is, do I need to do the same for the Active Target box? I originally planned to, but would really like to run it through one of the buttons on my dash in order to be able to turn it off when not needed. With all they draw from so many areas now it makes sense to wire it through a switch and have that option.

So, will smaller wire through a switch affect performance if the units are run directly?

Thanks!

Mine is wired (using the included harness) to the Accy 1 switch on my Ranger, works perfectly. I have the red and yellow connected together and turn the box on and off via the switch.
    2B576211

3. Member
    Connect pos and neg to clean power. Run yellow to a switch. That will accomplish what you want to do.

4. Member
    Do not run the red and yellow together on your Ranger accessory switch. It will cause interference.

Wire red and black to your Ranger's power and ground buss under the console, or directly to battery if switched. Run only the yellow to either Accessory 1 or Accessory 2 on your Ranger dash. That switch will allow you to shut off Active Target during the fishing day without having to turn anything else off. The red and ground keep your Active Target box getting the power it needs. Check out my video's to see it on my Ranger:

ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Thanks guys, and Marc as always you are very helpful and appreciate the videos!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Thanks guys, and Marc as always you are very helpful and appreciate the videos!
    You are welcome! Glad to help.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Great info, Thanks.

8. Member
    I just hooked mine up - ran power direct from battery to the red and black via a 10 awg tinned dedicated wire and then the yellow wake up wire to the A1 switch....
    2020 - Ranger 520L Midnight Fox | Mercury 4S 250 - Go Boldly! | Atlas Jackplate | Ultrex | Lowrance Active Target | Power Poles !!

9. Member
    Just got mine installed, Got all the updates done. I have not got on the water yet but I did notice that the power light blinks green and then red and then green. Is this normal?
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

10. Member
    Actually blinking between green and amber...yes, this means it is booted up completely and properly working.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    excellent news. Thank you my 3d and other modules just stay green so I was leery of a problem
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.