Hds live or elite fs 9 transducer options

Hello everyone,
    I would like info for transducers for these units. I would like the 2 in 1 active imaging transducer and the 2d transducer with temp. Do you have to have the splitter cable to hook this to one unit like the ti units. I cant seem to find the cable on any website. Wanting to mount the 2 in 1 on the jackplate and 2d on the transom.

Thanks in advance.
    Nick McDaniel

2. Member
    So... I finally found the xducers and y cable. It seems that maybe lowrance is discontinuing or are completely out of these items. My next question is how are you getting 2d or bottom contact at speed with any lowrance product?
    Nick McDaniel

3. Member
    This depends on the hull style (fiberglass or aluminum?) of your boat.

Watch the You Tube Video by Lowrance Product expert Jacob Scott on proper placement of this style transducer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 501nmc View Post
    So... I finally found the xducers and y cable. It seems that maybe lowrance is discontinuing or are completely out of these items. My next question is how are you getting 2d or bottom contact at speed with any lowrance product?
    Same as with any brand of sonar. By mounting and adjusting the transducer correctly. :)

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I was referring more to the 3 in 1 transducer. Hds live has 2 transducer ports where elite fs only has 1. 3 in 1 duce wont work at speed being so big. I just wondered if they were using a nmea transducer for in hull or transom mount and mounting the 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 on the jp. This is more for the fs units. Live.units... it doesnt matter.
    Nick McDaniel

6. Member
    I was told to run a LSS-2 with a shoot through puck on my Elite Ti.

7. Member
    3 in 1 will read 2D depth at up to 50-55 mph with correct and careful mounting. With a Live unit, the 2D can be mounted on the stern (again with careful mounting) or in the bilge (perfect mounting) and a 2 in 1 can be mounted to the transom, step, or jackplate. With an FS unit, you can try to find the y-cable (rare) or mount the 3 in 1 on the transom.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    You need the 000-15812-001 kit that has a 2 in 1 and 2D Skimmer transducer and the Y-cable. They are available and a Lowrance dealer can order one. This way your 2 in 1 can be mounted up a little on the transom and out of the danger of getting hit, and the Skimmer transducer will do fine at reading at speed when installed correctly.

9. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I bought the 2 in 1 and the skimmer with the y cable. Got it installed, skimmer in the bilge and 2 in 1 on the jp. I have a lot of interference in the 2 in 1 on sidescan with the motor running, turn the motor off and interference goes away. May have to change transducer settings in the graph (I think it's supposed to be generic instead of 2 in 1). May have to reroute the wiring or something. Any ideas?
    Nick McDaniel

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 501nmc View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I bought the 2 in 1 and the skimmer with the y cable. Got it installed, skimmer in the bilge and 2 in 1 on the jp. I have a lot of interference in the 2 in 1 on sidescan with the motor running, turn the motor off and interference goes away. May have to change transducer settings in the graph (I think it's supposed to be generic instead of 2 in 1). May have to reroute the wiring or something. Any ideas?
    Try snap on RF chokes on either end of the ducer cable. Rerouting the ducer cable might be a good idea too.

11. Member
    You choose AI 3i1 as transducer with the kit.
    Electric interference,make sure the cables (power, network and transducer) are seperate from the cables to the outboard. Some outboards have issues with electrical interference that simply is to high to get rid of. In that case it should be taken back to the dealer or you will have to use seperate batteries.