Aluminum or fiberglass

Will be in the market for a camper that I am going to leave in a permanent camp spot . Long term which do you guys prefer. Aluminum or fiberglass. Which is easier to maintain? Thanks

They both have their advantages. I like the look of Fiberglass better. I would just worry about the layout and take whatever it came with.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Typically an aluminum sided travel trailer is wood frame with pink fiberglass insulation and a fiberglass TT is aluminum welded frame with foam between the walls. Typically the fiberglass sided unit is more expensive and better quality. I much prefer my fiberglass sided trailer than any of the aluminum sided ones I have owned. Since the camper will be a permanent fixture and towed rarely if at all, I would save the money and go with aluminum siding.

4. Member
    Thanks guys

I don't own a camper but have done a little research and thoughts about getting one. I here quite a bit of issues with delamination on the fiberglass sided units.

6. Member
    Some are made with front and back made with really thin fiberglass and tend to delaminate easy. solid front cap is way better

If you do not plan to move it or otherwise use it, I would consider some type cover to protect the roof and prevent water intrusion. You might look for a park model if you are not planning to move it
    "I see dead people"

8. Member
    You couldn't give me an aluminum trailer. When you go to clean an aluminum trailer to remove the black streaks you will see why I made the first comment.