Thread: LED Lighting

LED Lighting

What is everyone using for LED lighting? I have an 07 Ultra but the headlight sucks so I keep looking at LED but to me they are ugly as hell.
    What is everyone using ?

2. Member
    I swapped out my factory headlight with the HD Daymaker light, expensive but nice and bright, really lights up the road both distance and side to side. Planning on replacing the bulbs in the tail/brake/turn signal this summer with LED as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I swapped out my factory headlight with the HD Daymaker light, expensive but nice and bright, really lights up the road both distance and side to side. Planning on replacing the bulbs in the tail/brake/turn signal this summer with LED as well.
    Looked at a factory LED last weekend and my jaw hit the floor, $600 for a headlight? That's insane. I loaded my garage with LED lights for $500 and they want that much for one..

4. Member
    My local dealer gives a discount for veterans, saved 10% I believe, softened the blow a bit on the price. The visibility to me makes it worth it, not just me seeing but being seen by cars. I've seen cars come up short at least a dozen times that probably would have pulled out if I was still using the standard bulb.

5. Member
    checkout Eagle lights, American made with life time warranty. I have one on my Softail in black.

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    What is everyone using for LED lighting? I have an 07 Ultra but the headlight sucks so I keep looking at LED but to me they are ugly as hell.
    What is everyone using ?
    I bought the cheap Ebay knock off DayMakers for my 07 R/Glide. There exactly the same as the HD brand at a fraction of the cost, just as bright too. Had them for years now, never an issue ! You don't always get what you pay for from HD !
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

7. Member
    I agree with nikon. I am not that familiar with HD products but I do know that quite a few options out there. I'd start with revzilla and motorcycle superstore. I'm also a big fan of ebay. Local shop here will match any price found online. I try and buy some stuff there to give them some business. A headlamp upgrade on my bike involves an all day fairing removal. I thought about it in the past but put it down the list. Fortnine on YouTube has a really good headlamp comparison video.
    I've had too many close encounters of the deer kind, my night riding is for emergencies only.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

on my 07 Softail i used LED headlight and running lights by a company called Sunpie. got them off of Amazon for $100 and they were really nice. kind of odd but they seemed brighter on low beam vs high beam but things really stood out big time like road signs etc.
    now on my 2020 Road Glide Special it has a factory LED headlight but all the turn signals are incandeceant bulbs which i think is stupid on the MoCo part due to what the bike costs it would be a easy upgrade and not cost much at all. so i have put in LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics and i really like them a lot.
    one thing i do know is you want a bike in my opinion lit up as much as possible for other people to see.

Found a Custom Dynamics headlight at Laconia Harley that actually wasn't too bad for the money. Has anyone tried one? Lifetime warranty too..