Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for a new trailer

I bought my boat and trailer new in 2003, so 18 years of service out of my Customline trailer is pretty good I guess. It's all but rusted away in a few critical places. I've patched it several times, but I think it's now time to retire it.

Can a guy order a trailer through Bullet or does anyone know of a good trailer builder? I have a 20XDC.

I would prefer a "C" channel vs a tube, but I guess if I have to get another tube type, and I get 18 years out of it, I prob won't be the one having to worry about it.

2. Member
    Boatmate, but they're not cheap, but what is, might look at an Aluminum trailer

3. Member
    When I looked at replacing mine before deciding to just redo my CustomLine Tennessee Trailers had the best price of anyone I talked to and it looked to be just as well built as any of them. I don't know if they will build a channel trailer or not. That was one reason I just redid mine, it wasn't terrible rusty and it's a c channel trailer so it won't rot from the inside.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sowenssw View Post
    I bought my boat and trailer new in 2003, so 18 years of service out of my Customline trailer is pretty good I guess. It's all but rusted away in a few critical places. I've patched it several times, but I think it's now time to retire it.

Can a guy order a trailer through Bullet or does anyone know of a good trailer builder? I have a 20XDC.

I would prefer a "C" channel vs a tube, but I guess if I have to get another tube type, and I get 18 years out of it, I prob won't be the one having to worry about it.
    Trailers can be priced through a Bullet dealer . The new trailers come with a lot of standard features such as 18" standard wheels with matching spare ,torsion axles ,wider fenders and steps, swing away tongue,

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet_10 View Post
    Trailers can be priced through a Bullet dealer . The new trailers come with a lot of standard features such as 18" standard wheels with matching spare ,torsion axles ,wider fenders and steps, swing away tongue,
    Thanks for all the info! I think I will try going through a dealer first, I really like the looks of the newer Bullet trailers.

6. Member
    Tennessee Trailers are a nice looking trailer. According to what I have been able to find, their standard trailer is a C channel. If you want a tube type trailer, it's an upgrade. I saw a brand new Bullet trailer, built by Tennessee trailers at the ramp a couple of weeks ago. It was a dang good looking trailer. With Boatmate trailers, you will have to go through a dealer, but I'm pretty sure Tennessee Trailers you can buy straight from the factory.

Bullet was LONG overdue on upgrading trailers! That has been one thing lacking over the years in my opinion. I have an Ameratrail Aluminum on mine. If i were to do it again, i would not go that route. It vibrates a lot on the road. Have to constantly tighten the fender bolts. Had one fender actually break from vibration. Ameratrail had to replace both axles end of first year. Both were out of spec. They paid for it all but it took a long time and lots of back and forth with them. Had to deal direct since Bullet does not actually make trailers, as most know.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    I'm actually going through this decision as well. Does anyone have a Tennessee trailer? They look pretty well built from their website and it seems that you can customize just about anything you want.

9. Member
    I redid my 2004 Rustomline trailer, cut the bunk risers, and the guides on the back, plus the steps, a welding shop did the welding, I did the painting and bunks, you could strip it down and powder coat it

Looks like Duck River Marine sells a nice trailer for Bullets. Has rockguard on it as well.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

11. Member
    Thanks for all the replies, sounds like I have several options to consider.

12. Member
    Take a look at Hustler Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Looks like Duck River Marine sells a nice trailer for Bullets. Has rockguard on it as well.
    May just be me but I’ve tried to talk to Duck River about a few things in the past.... seems like they were more interested in trying to tell me what I needed than listening to what I was sayin I wanted.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    I contacted Glen Reynolds and he can get me a new Bullet trailer, exactly how I want it, so I'm going to go that route. Thanks again for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    May just be me but I’ve tried to talk to Duck River about a few things in the past.... seems like they were more interested in trying to tell me what I needed than listening to what I was sayin I wanted.
    Ha! Yes, i have heard this very thing a few times. I have not purchased wheels or trailers from him but he bought my 2008 Bullet from me. Also got my new motor from him. Sent my brother to TN with my old motor for trade in. One of his guys told my brother my motor looked like junk! It was a 2012 250 XS with CD Alien Cowl. Far from junk! But , they eventually did stick to the deal we had made and let my brother leave with the new motor on the pallet. Only gave me 6k for trade on a motor with a new powerhead and a brand new Lower unit that had not even seen the water yet. Im sure he made a few 1000 on the sale of it later.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

I contacted Glen Reynolds and he can get me a new Bullet trailer, exactly how I want it, so I'm going to go that route. Thanks again for all the help!
    Post some pics when you get it!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

17. Member
    I've owned 2 Tn Trailers, had one under my Bullet
    and the other under a 20Ft Crestliner. Both were
    single axle and the one under the Crestliner
    w/extremely tongue heavy. I need some touch up paint
    and they wouldn't sell it direct, so I tried to get a paint number,
    and that didnt fly either. I was told I couldn't match the paint,
    they would have to send it to me through a dealer. Since
    Paul Nichols was very close to them he got it and shipped it to me.
    Bottom line I could have gone to WalMart and got a closer match that
    what they sent. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

You can always go to a local auto parts store that sells to body shops and most will have a camera to shot a pic of the paint....from that they can match whatever you have and mix you a half pint of single stage for bout 20 bucks.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    You can always go to a local auto parts store that sells to body shops and most will have a camera to shot a pic of the paint....from that they can match whatever you have and mix you a half pint of single stage for bout 20 bucks.
    Yes i know that. I was trying to go the easy route
    rather that pull 60mi round trip to a paint store.
    Instead of $20 paint I got $40 paint that didn't match.
    Bought lessons are usually the most expensive, that way
    you never forget. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Did you ever get your new trailer from Bullet? what did you go with? Boatmate?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast