Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Just a fyi on boatmate I dont know if they turned things around since last year , I could not get in touch with them at all called left many messages , tried emailng no response. Before you order one you should try calling just to see if customer service has returned. On my issue Tom helped me out with part numbers to get me up and running.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. Member
    My 2016 Boatmate trailer has rust on it, not good

3. Member
    I live in south ms. Sporttrail trailers are made a couple miles away. I launch and fish in brackish water alot. I bought a new aluminum I beam trailer with stainless brakes 7 years ago, custom made for my zx250. I got the upgraded jack and winch. Last trailer I'll ever buy for that boat and a good looking trailer. They aren't cheap but it will out live me.

4. Member
    I'm still running the same trailer, I did some maintenance and decided to try and make another year. I'm also considering buying a new Bullet, so I have that in the back of my mind now too.

5. Member
    Boatmate called me the other day, took good care of me,

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Me too. My 2016 Boatmate had some significant rust. I had it professionally taken apart, rust removal, primed and painted. It looks good now, but the last thing the paint shop told me was to "get rid of that trailer".

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    My 2008 BM trailer has a little rust also, but only under the rear crossmember. I plan on fixing that little issue.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    part of my problem may be my garage, if it's hot outside, it's cool to cold inside my garage, same if it's cold outside, it's warm in the garage, probally doesn't help with a rust issue, had the same problems with my 2004 Customline trailer

I keep a coat of very light machine oil on my Boatmate most all the time. It does attract dust and dirt. I know it doesn’t help from the inside out buttttt…2006, zero rust.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pnut View Post
    I live in south ms. Sporttrail trailers are made a couple miles away. I launch and fish in brackish water alot. I bought a new aluminum I beam trailer with stainless brakes 7 years ago, custom made for my zx250. I got the upgraded jack and winch. Last trailer I'll ever buy for that boat and a good looking trailer. They aren't cheap but it will out live me.
    X2 on SportTrail. They made the trailer for my offshore boat. Best trailer made in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12