Merc Mechanics near Virginia Beach

Can anyone recommend a good Mercury mechanic either Chesapeake or Virginia Beach? I have been driving over an hour and a half and looking for someone reliable closer to home. Any help would be great.
    Blazer 625/300xs

2. Member
    I wish I could help you but I have the same issue. You might try centerville marine by the bridge on centerville turnpike or maybe Dave's marine in Portsmouth. I called a couple of the local ones and was told 4 weeks wait time after dropping off the boat.
    Good luck...

3. Member
    I know it is about 1.5 hrs from you, but call propellor Dynamics. They work on mercury and yamahas.

4. Member
    I know a great one but he is around the Lake Anna area

Ive been going to Tomahund Marine and have nothing bad to say about them at all. Theyre just almost 2 hours away. Just took the boat up there the other day and since I drove that far they asked me if i could find something to do for a couple hours and they got right to it and had everything done in a couple hours. I might just bite the bullet and keep going there. Not to many places that will drop everything just because the distance you drove.
    Blazer 625/300xs

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Propeller Dynamics for sure. On Rt 460 in Disputanta. Robbie Patterson is the owner and he used to be in the same shop as Sanderson Marine in Chester. Robbie has a master merc mechanic working there. Great folks.

I took my boat in, they serviced the motor, checked all pumps,batteries, etc, etc....and I was on my way home in a couple of hours. Just call for an appointment.

Awhile back, I heard that Motor Tech, in Suffolk, was going to have some of its folks Merc trained. Worth checking into. Great folks there, too.
    Last edited by Lea; 05-01-2021 at 09:53 AM.

7. Member
    That was not my experience at Propeller Dynamics.
    Took mine in for an issue with my Merc. Told me it should take around four days. Got my boat back four weeks later. Said they could not find an issue with it.
    Eventually I got frustrated with the local dealers. I pulled my plugs that another dealer had recently installed and they were incorrectly gapped causing an idle issue.

8. Member
    Craig Owens

Craig Owens... BUDGET BOATs...
    he can hook you up and is in your back yard...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

10. Member
    Bump for Craig Owens. Rebuilt my Mercury Optimax 14 years ago and its run flawlessly since

11. Member
    I had also heard that Motor Tech was wanting to expand their business to include outboard repairs. Nothing in place yet something to do with the city of Suffolk...
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I wonder what the problem is with the city!

13. Member
    Zoning and permits takes time especially when dealing with the government.

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    True, but I didn’t realize zoning had to be considered, since Tom is already in business there. Learn new stuff every day....

15. Member
    I noticed the property has split zoning and possibly the County could be making them go through the motions and everything should be good.