Question jig eye buster. what are you using??

what are you guys using. I have a rapala eye buster but I honestly dont think it works that great. anyone have one they would like to share. thanks

2. Member
    My wife bought me a Pop Snagger. It is pliers, eye buster, hook threader and hook sharpener all rolled into one. Expensive but versatile.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Jig Hook Eye Cleaning Tool (jannsnetcraft.com)

These and I buy several at a time because I constantly lose them.

Allen

5. Member
    If I have a head with a closed eye, I have started using a small blow torch and a paper clip. Heat it and run it through. Keeps the paint from chipping. The armor paint is too hard to break out the eyes on my jigs with the normal tool.

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    ICE PICK
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

7. Banned
    Use prices of high temp duct tape to cover the eye of the hook before you powder coat our air brush you jig heads the duct tape hold up to heat very well after your done it slip right off the hook eye no mess at all. I powder coat all my jig heads spinnerbaits and buzzbaits I use the duct tape on both the spinner and buzz baits taping off the wire and hook area before I powder coat them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiebenga View Post
    If I have a head with a closed eye, I have started using a small blow torch and a paper clip. Heat it and run it through. Keeps the paint from chipping. The armor paint is too hard to break out the eyes on my jigs with the normal tool.
    If you are using powder paint make a habit of cleaning out the eyes before curing. Once cured the paint becomes incredible tough to clear from the eye.

9. Member
    I always have a pile of toothpicks next to me when I'm powder coating. If I get too much paint in the eye of one I just clean it out with the toothpick while the paint is still in a molten state. Never need a tool this way.