Stringer replacement - separating top from bottom

Anyone pull the top cap off their cobra? Looking like the rear section by the gas tank is fiberglassed Together but that everything else will separate... bad stringer and partially rotted transom.

2. Member
    I have the top cap removed off of my 201, its also connected up by the rodboxes, consoles and on the inside of the splashwell, also up under the front panel you will have to reach way down in there and cut it loose there.

99 cobra 190d
    99 opti 200

3. Member
    Great info!!! Much appreciated. What are you doing to remove the cap? How Did you support and lift?

4. Member
    Did you have to pull the deck? My boat is mint other than some one leaving it in storage for 6 years with about 30 gallons of water in it. Local guy wants 7500 to redo the transom and no telling for a stringer. I am up for the challenge

5. Member
    I havent worked on it in awhile, I will try to get some pics on here. Yes the deck came up with the cap i had to cut it all around the rod boxes and there is also two supports under the deck glassed to the hull you will have to cut loose also. I wil show you in the pics, this transom was halfway rotten and the stringers were al mush. I wonder if someone on here might know of any blueprints of what dimensions they cut the stringers and bulkheads and stuff.
    Last edited by mefforda; 05-20-2021 at 10:18 PM.

99 cobra 190d
    99 opti 200

6. Member
    Sounds great and appreciate that. My transom is part plywood and part something else.
    I have one good stringer I think... I will get measurements off of it. No idea how everything is tied in, especially at the console. Assuming floor needs to be cut out. If my boat wasn’t spectacularly clean, I would just walk away...