Thread: 919 setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    Quick update. After raising the motor as much as I did there is a huge improvement. I ran it to 74 today and it was walking some at that point, but with seat time will be manageable. I found it very easy to drive at 72-73. Pushing 6000rpms though. Need a new prop before I make any more adjustments
    what do you have it at now, 3.25?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    what do you have it at now, 3.25?
    Yes 3.25

3. Member
    That’s probably a great height. I have 26 tempest that been “lightened thinned and blue printed”. It’s was actually for another boat but it runs almost exactly the same
    speeds but the 25 fury has way more power in the turns and mid range. Also just FYI I am gonna get a 24 fury for 100 degree days in the summer when I have 3 buddies just fun fishing.

you got it about dialed in though. I hope you love your 919 as much as me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    That’s probably a great height. I have 26 tempest that been “lightened thinned and blue printed”. It’s was actually for another boat but it runs almost exactly the same
    speeds but the 25 fury has way more power in the turns and mid range. Also just FYI I am gonna get a 24 fury for 100 degree days in the summer when I have 3 buddies just fun fishing.

you got it about dialed in though. I hope you love your 919 as much as me.
    I love it! It didn't do to hot in our first tournament though. With partner and full livewells I could barely get on plane. The 2 12' talons, full wells, full tank and my partner and his gear are just to much. I'm already thinking about dumping the talons for some raptors, but now I'm curious if I should prop down already or just get a new 25 fury and hope that a new one can plane out a little better than my beat up one.

5. Member
    Do you have all the plugs out of the prop? You can run the fury with no plugs so the prop will vent for a better hole shot.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    Do you have all the plugs out of the prop? You can run the fury with no plugs so the prop will vent for a better hole shot.
    id have to check on that.

7. Member
    IMO the 24 would probably be the best all around prop for someone who runs with a heavy load. I’m a small guy got a 24v trolling motor and two power poles. In the summer with a partner and livewells the 25 definitely hurts the holeshot. I have a 24 fury on order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12