Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Don't forget, lithium batteries charge quicker, so 5 amps should be enough.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    They do charge faster but most lithium's recommend higher amps, I would use a minimum of 10amps on a 50ah and up , less will work but you will get better results with 10 to 15amps
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Don't forget, lithium batteries charge quicker, so 5 amps should be enough.
    They charge quicker because they can handle more amps during the charge process, if you throttle the amps going to the battery, it going to take just as long as a lead-acid battery.

I have a Stealth charger (max package from a few years ago). My trolling batteries are past their last legs and I'm considering Lithium this time. Will the Stealth be able to charge my Flooded cranking battery and the lithium trollers ok? Any issues with using the charge on the run feature with Lithium? Or would I need to get a new charger as well?

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    I have a Stealth charger (max package from a few years ago). My trolling batteries are past their last legs and I'm considering Lithium this time. Will the Stealth be able to charge my Flooded cranking battery and the lithium trollers ok? Any issues with using the charge on the run feature with Lithium? Or would I need to get a new charger as well?
    We carry 2 versions of the Stealth1 Charging system and both will work with Lithium in the right configuration, if you are staying with a Lead Starting battery and your DC box is the black one more than likely the system you have will work fine, if you had a lithium starting battery you would need the Blue DC box
    depending on how old it is you may still want to reach out to Danny to verify that its what you need
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Thanks Drewtick. It's the black DC box, but I'll look into compatibility just to be sure.

7. Member
    Maybe I didnt let my Ionic charger, charge long enough but it didnt charge one of my different brand lithium battery fully. I went by the green LED and disconnected the plug.

I happened to receive a NOCO Genius 10 to use to charge single batteries and whatever. I hooked that up to the same lithium battery recently and it took almost 2 hrs or so until the LED went solid green. When I checked the voltage on the battery, it does show 100% according to the display.

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably go with the new version NOCO. Even though my 1st one died on me almost instantly I like the battery status LED on it MUCH better than the Ionic. Not to mention, they only have a 1 year warranty on their charger. They dont seem to be confident on their charger.

MK has 3 years. NOCO 3 years. Even ProMariner is 2 years.

8. Member
    IF anybody wants a Dual Pro Charger - Professional series, 4 bank, let me know. 3 banks are set up with the lithium profile, 4 th bank is for agm. Got it back from Pro Charging systems after having it flashed and never installed it back in my Phoenix. Willing to let it go for $150. Not intending to high jack the thread if folks dislike my post please delete. Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    Yandina has a Lithium compatible Trollbridge 36-LI that typically charges the trolling batteries on the run at over 50 amps. That's over 15 amps to each battery simultaneously. The Stealth does 15 amps to one battery at a time.

However, I don't see why the standard Stealth would not work with Lithium batteries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12