Need a little help

My boat has always been stored in the garage. I just got her back from my boat guy who did a few additions and service work. It sat outside for several days and was parked in a gravel right beside a road where dump trucks are going by constantly from construction work close by. Well today I was wiping her down and noticed a slight dull or greyish look to the top cap especially the white. After scrubbing it with a cloth it did go away but I had to really give it some effort. The cap is still slick as a new one. I just wanted some info on what I need to do. Or what I can use to cut it easier. Thanks
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 04-24-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    50/50 water and windex. Wax after

3. Member
    I use a vinegar and water mix, removes water spots really well and doesnt remove the wax. I just guess at my mixture but would say 20% vinegar and 80% water. Only down side is I smell like an Easter egg after each wipe-down...lol

Even though it’s slick it still could be slight oxidation. What color is it
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Even though it’s slick it still could be slight oxidation. What color is it
    It is very faint. I think it is just soot and road grime from the big trucks. On the white on my boat you can even see what appears to be where the water ran down the slope of the cap leaving a slight darker trail. It is a very light colored. Maybe just a hint of dirty silver. I will say when I did a small test area I took a white cloth and a little water / windex and it did come off.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

6. Member
    I have an 18 year old Bullet, white and black, over the years the white turned more of a cue ball white. I tried some Simple Green General purpose cleaner on it the other days and it worked wonders, turned it back to white white. I also used it on the white vinyl and it cleaned it really well. I'm going to wax and put some protectant back on the seats. But it really worked well

7. Member
    My bullet is a '99. Top cap is navy. Couple years ago I put it in the shop for my hpdi powerhead to be shipped to hydrotech for a rebuild and phase kit. It sat outside for a month while this was getting done. And it ruined the gel on the cap. We got it all back together and I had it sanded down and new clear. Came out pretty good. I've got a junk cover but I never thought it would go that bad that quick.