Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bimini top for pro team 175 recommendations

I want to put a bimini top on my boat. Any recommendations on size, height, brand, etc. I see them on amazon for pretty cheap prices up to some retailers wanting 4 times that amount. I dont want junk but I dont want to over spend. I keep the boat stored inside all the time and it would only be on the boat during rainy or really hot conditions.
    Thank you for your help Chris

2. Member
    I'm installing a 3 bow Westland with rear SS braces this week on my 2021 190TX. It was a bit more expensive than the ones on Amazon but after doing weeks of research the quality seems much better than the Chinese counterparts. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got a 3 bow from ebay for $120 or something, have had it for 6 years now, works like a charm. just make sure you measure your width (boat) and choose the height you want.

4. Member
    I had one on my 175 that I got from Tracker. The straps went to the cleats and it folded down on the back deck. Loved it!! Wish I had one now on my 190.

5. Member
    Well I decided to order it from topmaster marine. Nothing against the Amazon or Chinese made ones but I did some research and decided against the cheaper ones. Top master bimini tops are made here in Indiana. I called and a human being answered the phone and she was very knowledgeable and helpful. She talked me through all the options and had me watch videos they had on their website. She said 2 weeks to build it and they would ship it to me. Hopefully I wil get it this week. I will post the results when I get it and get it installed.
    Thank you to everyone that responded.
    Chris.

2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

7. Member
    I like the made in U.S.A. you found.

https://www.topmastermarine.com/

8. Member
    I received my top for my boat last week. I installed it over the weekend. I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. The installation was very easy. What took the most time was figuring out where position the top. I wanted to get it on there the right place the first time. When I got it install it looked very good on the boat. I took it back off which is only 2 screws because I am only going to have it on the boat on really hot days and rainy days. I went with the 54" tall and 8' long top. I thought it might be too tall or too long but I think it is perfect for the boat. I can stand without hitting my head and will have plenty of room to fish even with the top up.
    I recommend Topmaster marine for anyone wanting a bimini top for their boat.

9. Member
    Awesome news on the bimini!
    Which top did you get (sunbrella, polyester?) I seen size you posted and I probably get the same for mine.
    Hope we get to see some pics!!

10. Member
    I went with the polyester. I told the sales lady it would only be on the boat on rainy or really hot days and that I store it inside all the time. She said the polyester would be fine. I do not have any pictures of the top on the boat because I installed it and took it right back off and hung it in the barn. Next time I put it on the boat I will take some pictures and put them on here.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csp View Post
    I went with the polyester. I told the sales lady it would only be on the boat on rainy or really hot days and that I store it inside all the time. She said the polyester would be fine. I do not have any pictures of the top on the boat because I installed it and took it right back off and hung it in the barn. Next time I put it on the boat I will take some pictures and put them on here.
    Makes a lot of sense there! I will probably go with the poly myself as I store boat under a carport and I will not use it every trip.
    Look forward to seeing how it looks.

12. Member
    20210606_204358.jpg20210606_204307.jpgboat 1.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures on here. I finally had time to put it back on last night.

13. Member
    I mounted my top with these - lets you take it off super easy and they are smooth so they do not catch or snap lines, and I used my front and mid cleats (added the mid) to hook the lines to.

https://www.amazon.com/MxEol-Release.../dp/B075V35Q1W

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csp View Post
    20210606_204358.jpg20210606_204307.jpgboat 1.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures on here. I finally had time to put it back on last night.

That came out great!! Perfect for this Texas summer sun,.. I feel cooler already thinking of having one on mine.. time to shop!!

15. Member
    Has anyone added 6ft x 46 high Bimini to their PT175
    Last edited by Kennyt; 06-14-2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Error

16. Member
    I have. Site says my photos are too big. Message me a cell # and i be glad to send them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyt View Post
    Has anyone added 6ft x 46 high Bimini to their PT175

17. Member
    Thanks I made my own versa track brackets came out nice Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyt View Post
    Thanks I made my own versa track brackets came out nice Thanks again
    Wow!! I really like what you did there!! I have not purchased my top yet, but you all giving me great ideas and I appreciate it.
    How does folding it down work with them elevated brackets?
    Last edited by MikeCSr; 08-03-2021 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added a question

19. Member
    That's why I elevated it 6" so it would clear the console when folded down they tuck
    right behind the back seats no holes.
    I can fish both ends the boat and no issues with the Bimini what so ever, with the Bimini up it ends right behind the seats.. super happy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kennyt; 08-06-2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Edit

20. Member
    Kennyt, is that a 6' x 46" top? I really like that set up and how it folds just behind the seats rather than just in front of the motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast