Update on my Z21 order ( Not Good)

Well as some of you know I ordered a new z21 back in Feb. It came in last Friday. I called and checked on it & was told it was there. I went Saturday to see it ( they knew I was coming) . When I got there salesman was with someone . So I told the lady what I was there for and she said OH you are the one that the boat came in all wrong.

Got to the back to look and several things were wrong. Well all I was ever told we will see what the factory wants to to.(never what I thought)
    Wednesday I talked to the factory rep. Asked about just ordering a new boat like I wanted . He told me it would be July before I would get it. Asked about fast track one NO can't do that. So I told him I could make do with that one but I wanted a few thing for the things wrong.
    1- I wanted a console ( for the middle seat) Because I had to pay extra for one
    2-wanted them to mount my garmin
    3 - a remote drain plug to be added
    4- I wanted a jack plate gauge ( I had ordered it )
    5I wanted a upgrade to lithium batteries
    At that I had ordered a black jackplate and black talon mounts I told him I would go pick up the talon mounts and have them power coated on my dime.

Well the came back and told me they would do everything but the jp. gauge
    and would give me 2 lithium batteries out of the goodness of their heart. I asked about the gauge and the other 2 batteries . I was told I could get them myself.

So I just called the whole deal off . I had already got scared of the dealer as they had done nothing but back up and let me deal with the factory. I had got scared of wrm because it was 100% their fault. So I fell better just going to another brand. I fell like if I had a problem I would be 100% on my own.

Let me know if I was asking for to much
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Member
    I never ordered a new boat but if it's like when you buy a car from a dealership and have problems... contact Tracker Marine instead of dealing with the dealer. Tell them they ordered your boat all wrong and after waiting 2 months+ if they don't get it right and fast tracked you gonna order another brand instead. I guarantee you they will contact the dealer and might fast track your order then.
    Now if you can order a boat straight from the website and have deliver to your house bypassing a dealer then i can see Tracker telling you to do that instead.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLCA View Post
    I never ordered a new boat but if it's like when you buy a car from a dealership and have problems... contact Tracker Marine instead of dealing with the dealer. Tell them they ordered your boat all wrong and after waiting 2 months+ if they don't get it right and fast tracked you gonna order another brand instead. I guarantee you they will contact the dealer and might fast track your order then.
    Now if you can order a boat straight from the website and have deliver to your house bypassing a dealer then i can see Tracker telling you to do that instead.
    I was talking to Nitro rep. No fast track get it in July
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

4. Member
    You did the right thing. If the dealer isn't on your side then you shouldn't buy a boat from them.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member
    WOW really?
    that's just terrible. You did right going to another brand. Heck i even own a Nitro now and if i ever get to the point of buying a new boat i will probably get a different brand too after hearing shit like this happens and they don't stand behind.

6. Member
    You did exactly what you should have done. These new rigs cost a lot of money and there is no excuse for what happened to you. The dealer and factory both are not taking care of the customer. I am a Nitro owner and this stuff is unacceptable! When I replace my boat, I will look for a manufacturer who respects their customers. Until folks wake up and quit accepting this type of bad behavior and service, it will continue.

7. Member
    That's a shame. You did the right thing. Take a look at Phoenix.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

8. Member
    That’s just awful. Sorry you had to go through this.

I think you should make a youtube vid to recap your experience.

9. Member
    Not good at all.

10. Member
    Yeah that's just not cool. I hate to hear of people having experiences like this (regardless of brand). If your dealer was not going to bat for you then you did the right thing. I would have walked also.
    Last edited by Flippin 416; 05-07-2021 at 04:40 AM.

11. Member
    Too many non wrm dealers selling great boats to put up with that. My dealer is the same.
    I won't buy another unless things change drastically.

12. Member
    The quality control for nitro is awful when it comes to stuff like that. Like I said my dealer had a blue boat with fire engine red fenders stuck on their floor for months. I’ve been pretty happy with my nitro so far, but if I had any big issues I have zero faith in nitro or my dealer taking care of it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    You did the right thing. Now it's their problem, bet the thought you wouldn't walk. Spending that kind of many you should get EXACTLY what was order and no questions asked.

14. Member
    What came of this? Did you go order another boat from another brand?

You did the right thing. The tough part about this deal, is that the Dealership will have no problem selling that boat the way it is in this market. The demand for boats is high and there are very few "showroom" boats out there. So unfortunately, you ran into a dealer and factory rep that knows this....

But again, you did the right thing...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

16. Member
    Because I'm ignorant, what is "WRM" dealers?

17. Member

18. Member
    What did they get wrong to begin with? Console between seat and JP gauge and what else.

White river marine group is to big to care about one sale and right now they are selling boats and other stuff like crazy. Will that bite them in the butt later maybe, or maybe they will just buy up the competition again when people go else where. Also sounds like your dealer is not to interested either so moving on is probably the best move.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    I've had 5 tracker\nitro and everything on the signed contract was on the boats,the gauges mounts pole etc. Are done at the dealers here in fla

20. Member
    These things you mention are not factory options. your sales person was terrible and knows nothing of what Nitro options are available. I have custom ordered Nitro boats for 15 years with ZERO factory screw ups. The only time a boat was ever even close to not matching my order was when a customer was playing with me. He came to view his boat that just came in and said it was the wrong color. I about had a stroke before he admitted he was joking with me lol.

black jack plate-not available through nitro
    jack plate gauge-not available through nitro it would be a dealer aftermarket order and install
    center seat-dealer screwed up on the order form.
    2 free lithium batteries is a hell of an incentive what is that $2,000 worth of batteries?