Carpet glue removal made easy.

I am redoing the front deck on my Triton TR-20. I am adding a anti fatigue pad and some Bass Cat carpet. Removing the glue is a pain, but the bigger areas have been not to bad with mineral spirits and a wide chisel. Then I come to the edges and little details areas, I am slowly scraping away and my neighbor come by and ask what am I doing. He starts laughing and says I have just what you need. Goes over to his shop and come back with a miracle product. 20210423_143426.jpgJust spray it on and let it sit for 5 minutes he says. The glue just softened up to where I could just brush it off with a soft brush. What a relief, it only took me a 30 mins to finish the sides and edges where the carpets fold over. 3M Specialty Adhesive Remover 38987

Once it all air drys, I am going to go wipe it all down with rubbing alchohol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Phoenix 921 ProXP w/Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    Bow Garmin Force, Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix, Mega 360, Livescope
    Console Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix
    Ionic 125ah, 3 Battleborn 100ah, Power pole charge, 8ft Power Poles

Catch and Release for our children's future.

2. Member
    Goof off works good

Wasted your time getting the glue off, if it was just contact cement you jus need to glue the pad or carpet.
    I have done several boats over the years and found the glue reactivates when new glue is applied over it

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    Wasted your time getting the glue off, if it was just contact cement you jus need to glue the pad or carpet.
    I have done several boats over the years and found the glue reactivates when new glue is applied over it
    So what kind of prep do you do to the surface once you’ve removed the carpet before reinstall?