2004 Skeeter tzx190 porpoise issue

Sorry if there are other threads, I wanted to be specific to this boat. I have seen people post that you don't know how to use your trim. This is not the case. I had a procraft previously and not issues at all. I just got this boat. It has a slidemaster jack plate. We measure yesterday, I had read to set it, with the center of the prop about 3 1/2" lower than the bottom of the boat as a starting point. It was 1 1/2" higher than that prior to us changing it yesterday, bring it down 1 1/2". It bounces until about 30 mph no matter what. Yamaha 150. 3 blade prop, believe it is 23 degree. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buddy had one a couple years older, it could not plane till over 30 miles an hour. If you must plane slower than that I'd say burry your motor all the way down.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Had this same problem with my previous boat. 2001 zx 190. Holeshot plate on jack plate helped some but the bailey foil completely eliminated it. Plane speed dropped to 18mph. Best upgrade I ever done to the boat.

4. Member
    you could also add wedges between the motor an the jack plate to tuck the motor under further an this will also help.

5. Member
    I am not sure what the wedges means? Thanks for all of the replys

6. Member
    Personally the wedges done nothing for mine but have seen them fix others.

7. Member
    I have the same boat. This problem did not show up on mine until I added Talons. Put on a CB foil and all is well!

8. Member
    If you’re new to skeeter then you’ll need to learn to drive it. Weight distribution is also a factor. Trim will always have to be down from 0-30mph or else it’ll porpoise. Only thing that really helps is a foil/whale tail on the captivating plate.