Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most issues with the Force are related to the calibrating process.

I’ve never had issues with mine because I was sure to follow the calibrating instructions correctly.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

2. Member
    Maybe or maybe not. Calibration haven't fixed the issues I have with Force. And I do know professionals who do have same issue so I bet they also knows how to calibrate Force correctly as it's not rocket science. But hopefully that latest software update will fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Nabbster View Post
    Maybe or maybe not. Calibration haven't fixed the issues I have with Force. And I do know professionals who do have same issue so I bet they also knows how to calibrate Force correctly as it's not rocket science. But hopefully that latest software update will fix the issue
    Agreed! Friend of mine is a beta tester. Then hours with Garmin tech support for me and still only marginally better.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I had the same issues. Had everything replaced and it was only marginally better. I ordered my new Phoenix with a Quest. Love my Garmin MFD’s. The Force, Not so much.
    I recall when you were having those problems. Mine was doing the same. I constantly had to worry that it was back me into the bank. I was extremely frustrated with that aspect of the motor. Otherwise, I really liked it.

Then V4.0 came out and then 4.10 and I replaced the original depth limiting collar with the superceded part and the back up thing went away. Now, with V5.10 it seems about as good as I expected when I bought it.

I've posted several videos that show that mine, at least, works great. No backing up at all. Just the other day I was in a tight cut no wider than two boat lengths and I hit the spotlock and had lunch. No problem. As smooth as could be. No hunting. No hitting the bank.

It's remains a mystery to me why some of these work fine and others appear to be problematic.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

According to "The Garmin Guru" the backing up issue is fixed based on the 5.1 update. Based on this test video does it appear fixed as compared to what several have experienced with their units? This video was from three months ago. He was asked what setting his gain is at and replied 1. I'm considering a Force but want to know if the issue is really corrected before making a change.
    Last edited by gaston13; 04-03-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    According to "The Garmin Guru" the backing up issue is fixed based on the 5.1 update. Based on this test video does it appear fixed as compared to what several have experienced with their units? This video was from three months ago. He was asked what setting his gain is at and replied 1. I'm considering a Force but want to know if the issue is really corrected before making a change.
    It didn’t fix mine. At that point I’d had enough. I have a Quest now. Much, Much better.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12