Thread: Raptor problem

Raptor problem

I have a brand new set of Raptors on my ZXR. My problem is one of the two doesn’t seat all the way. It was fine when I picked up the boat. It’s loose when stowed(like it doesn’t retract completely). Driving down the road it’s bouncing all over the place. I can’t see anything lose. I don’t see any leaks. In the last week with the boat in the driveway I’ve noticed the raptor sag more into an open position. I’m wondering if the pump or piston is bleeding off slowly somehow? I’ve only had the boat in the water 4 times. I’ve only used the raptors at the launch. So deployed and anchored 8 times total. I have deployed them in open water to cycle the pumps and clean them before loading the boat on the trailer. Pumps are full of oil. No obvious leaks. The dealer has offered to repair them which is great but they are 4 hours away. If I can solve the problem on my own I have no issues doing so.

Any thoughts or advice?

2. Member
    You could start by making sure the Raptor(s) are bled properly.

3. Member
    Here are a couple of things to check. It is best you bring to ASC not the dealer, unless he is an authorized repair shop.
    Check the manual release valve to be certain that screw is tight and has not been tampered with, if therelease valve is open close it and check the pump for normal operation, if the release valve is not openThen This is evidence of internal pump contamination; the pump assembly must be replaced. Look in the Raptor manual for the location of the relief valve.
    A third option is to call Minn Kota and tell them what your issue is. They will direct you from there.